Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 2 month I finally have time to work my project, I have those two fittings that show a lot of "silver" I tried to tighten them more but it won't budge, does this seem safe for you or you think I should just order new ones?

Thanks, all I need to do now is some cable management and pour the liquid.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been in Taiwan and not speaking the language means my resources are limited. I will do some extra waterproofing around and just pray then.

Thanks mate. Coming to the last thing and realizing I need to use everything cable from the PSU just to connect one last SATA ;,(

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok even the other lead to the motherboard is safe to keep in? It's a simple thing but wish EK had mentioned it on their website.
Thanks dude

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatallaS View Post

Ok even the other lead to the motherboard is safe to keep in? It's a simple thing but wish EK had mentioned it on their website.
Thanks dude
If you are planning to leak test your loop with it (making the pump run) then it would be more safe to unplug everything but the pump. This is so you minimize the risk of frying hardware if there's leak.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright I will unplug them directly to the components, can't hurt to be safe.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
The PC won't actually get damaged by water, as long as power doesn't go through it until it's fully dry
smile.gif
. That's why it's a good idea to unplug everything but the pumps until you're sure it's not leaking.

If the local water has a lot of minerals in it, you might want to find distilled water to fill the loop with. The minerals in the water would stay after the water evaporates, and could cause problems (as well as gunk up your loop anyways).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I found a leak, from the reservoir... But I can't remove the 24pin from the PSU, so I bridged it from the cable itself, all the molex lights come on, but the pump isn't actually moving, if I switch from CPU header one to aux it moves a bit of water then that's it... Any ideas?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On an other hand the draining system works great lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Quote:

Well I found a leak, from the reservoir... But I can't remove the 24pin from the PSU, so I bridged it from the cable itself, all the molex lights come on, but the pump isn't actually moving, if I switch from CPU header one to aux it moves a bit of water then that's it... Any ideas?
I have the same problem with my own watercooling setup, i have the PSU bridge tool but when I use it my D5 PWM pump doesn't turn on.
With my previous D5 pump (non-pwm, 5 manual RPM modes) it worked really well. So for me the problem is the the fact that its a PWM controlled pump.

I tried removing the pwm connector and just use the molex power but that also didn't help..
I had to fill my loop by actually turning the PC on without bridging the psu.. risky though
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see, sucks man.
I emailed EK but it's the week end.

I am gonna try doing like u did but I am gonna unplug the ssds so I don't corrupt them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok it's not working. Tried that an nothing, but I got to find out that some of the fans are spinning, that I have connected to a fan 3 in 1 cable from EK... Grrrr

·
Registered
263 Posts
Quote:

Ok it's not working. Tried that an nothing, but I got to find out that some of the fans are spinning, that I have connected to a fan 3 in 1 cable from EK... Grrrr
Dang that sucks, what pump do you have?
I had to enter the bios and manually raise the fanspeed of the connector that my pump was connected to.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by stin0 View Post

I have the same problem with my own watercooling setup, i have the PSU bridge tool but when I use it my D5 PWM pump doesn't turn on.
With my previous D5 pump (non-pwm, 5 manual RPM modes) it worked really well. So for me the problem is the the fact that its a PWM controlled pump.

I tried removing the pwm connector and just use the molex power but that also didn't help..
I had to fill my loop by actually turning the PC on without bridging the psu.. risky though
rolleyes.gif
Ok I found a cure by unplugging the CPU header. It's having issues filling up the CPU block tho.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah silly me, now it just won't fill up the CPU block more than 3/4. Maybe I need to shake it up a bit.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Btw thank u so much for taking the time to help guys, nice to know I am not alone while trying to do his for the first time.

·
Ladies, One at a Time
9,739 Posts
Quote:

Btw thank u so much for taking the time to help guys, nice to know I am not alone while trying to do his for the first time.
Is your pump running full speed? You might need to let it run and tip the case every which way. The air needs to be able to work itself out.

TCO

1 - 20 of 44 Posts