Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

i have been tossing the idea of air cooling and water cooling around for quite some time now, and have deciced on the XP-120.

in the spec's i see its for a 3200+ i cant see why it wouldnt work on my 3000+ (if it wont please do say somthing as i plan to order it in less than 12hrs)

when i mount a fan onto it should i set it up so that it pulls air through the fins or pushes it through?

i was thinking that if it pulled i could make a tunnel to expell the "hot air right out of the case

anyways thanks guys

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
XP120 is great choice, and it will work UPTO 3200+, which includes any skt A chip....in otherwards it will work great lol. and u want to get the fan pionting down to push air on the fins

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok great thanks!!

Joe

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thing i have a Athlon64 then eh lol

just fininshing up the list to order

XP-120
3.5G AS5
120MM thermaltake fan
and in pondering the addition of a Aerogate 2 if i canever figure out if it has temp probes or not lol

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah...Yiffy sorry...i acidently wrote XP...my bad..thats what happens when u read more then 2 threads at a time lol

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
lol I don't know what's going on either...I'm still trying to figure out which day of the week it is....

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
i understand
...a little too many cartoons and 2 much weed...its normal...
dont worry lol man im so bored....just sitting in a hotelroom on my laptop bored as hell....im not thinking strait cuz im so pissed with my 6800 lol

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now i wait for the delivery man lol

XP-120
Panaflo 120mm "High" 103.8CFM 41.5dba TH1A Fan
3.5g Arctic Silver 5
Aerogate 2 (black)

im stoked, its my x-mas gift to myself LOL

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I love my Panaflo medium

Same here!!! I even saw some tests on the XP120 where they showed that from 90cfm to 135cfm temps stayed around the same.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was going to go with the medium but the high was cheaper so i took that instead

hoping that the fans not that loud when i turn it down on the controler, and even turned down it should still move a crap load of air

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
if ull use the controller thats the best way cuz u have the power on hand if u need it....good choice

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

if ull use the controller thats the best way cuz u have the power on hand if u need it....good choice

ya i have been playing games lately and like to keep and eye on the temps and its a PITA when im useing MBM since i have to exit the game i like the idea of just looking over at my case and seeing it right there and knowing that its right!

plus once i hack my case to hold another 5 80mm fans im going to need that controler. err well i havent decided yet

dont know if i should go with 2 80MM fans or 1 120mm in the top of the case as my exhaust , and 3 80mm or 2 120mm in the side as intake fans to go a long with my 80mm exhaust in the rear of the case

whats your thoughts on this guys?
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
MBM5 has an on screen display option. Search for it within the program, you can select a key to activate it an also where in the screen you want it to appear.

So when you're in the game and say your hot key is T. You press T and it shows the temps where ever in the screen you chose to have them. Press T again and the readings go away.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey thanks Evil i never even thought if that was a function im MBM cool!!!

Joe

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my current setup is with a 80mm ~30cfm exhaust out the back of the case, i have my hdd in the top external 3 1/2 bay with that cover removed (for airflow over the drive) (no fdd) and thats it (aside from the single fan PSU). as it normaly sits when i have it oc'd the side is off and my room fan is blowing into the case (drops my cpu temp by 4-5*C, and my mobo temp by 12-14*C

just thinking about the setup how would a exhaust fan on top 120mm, a 120mm intake down low in the side, and a 120mm inline with the fan on the heatsink with a tunel to the heatsink fan work out?

the front hasn't got any intake although there is a place to mount a 80mm lol i have it marked out to cut it out so there is a grill there but i havent gotten the urge to pull everything from the case to do the triming will do it when i punch out the blow hole

Joe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts