Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am not even sure if I will be able to ask this question the way I want to, but here it goes.

I am looking (if there is such thing) for cases fans (140mm and 230mm) that are able to or come with a part that is able to create it's own "cold" air. For instance, like you air conditioner in your apartment or a house. I need something to work in a similar way. Is there a such thing?

I hope I am asking it the right way.

Thank you very much!

P.S. Sorry if I have posted this in wrong part of the forum.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
The law of thermodynamics doesn't allow air to cool below ambient air temperature.

If you want it to get colder than that you will need to get an air conditioner.

Hey thank you for quick reply.

I understand that. that's why I am asking if there is air conditioner that you can mount on your case to help the cooling? Or you are just simply refering to house air conditioner?

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
There's no A/C units small enough to use on a computer. Something you can do that would be equally effective is get a window mounted unit, and duct the cool air towards the intake fans. Although, you need to be careful of condensation.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Not quite true Black Omega,
There are a couple of commerical TEC based sub-ambient coolers, hit the google with TEC cpu cooler, I cannot remember the names.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts