Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive the wiring, im waiting on a new PSU from newegg, didn't want to re-hide all the wires when i know im gonna take it apart again in a week or 2.

as you can see theres a few scratches along the edge where the paint came up with the tape (most of it got covered by the molding thankfully)

once the new PSU comes in, i may or may not cut out a fan intake on the bottom of the case, the PSU has REALLY short cables, so ill have to do something for it to intake properly

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbeast
View Post

forgive the wiring, im waiting on a new PSU from newegg, didn't want to re-hide all the wires when i know im gonna take it apart again in a week or 2.

as you can see theres a few scratches along the edge where the paint came up with the tape (most of it got covered by the molding thankfully)

once the new PSU comes in, i may or may not cut out a fan intake on the bottom of the case, the PSU has REALLY short cables, so ill have to do something for it to intake properly

Nice job! Your window came out sweet. I just did one too - used thinner u-channel and basically used an entire 12x12 piece of blue plexi for mine..

I would like to confirm that your fan is pushing -- hate to think that you have your fan pulling heat down towards your graphics card

I made a little bit of a mistake on my window -- the plexi went almost to the end of the side panel, and when I tried to put the panel back on it wouldn't sit all the way down because the plexi was hitting the tabs off the back of the case towards the top and bottom of the case. I had a HELL of a time trying to take the plexi off the panel (man, 4010 tape is strong!) so I just trimmed the piece of plexi with the dremel and it seemed to work fine.

Nice job!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i put the plexi on too close to the back, the case wouldn't close, had to yank it off, n' remount it. i cut the whole thing with a dremel, n' cant cut a straight line to save my life....but the molding covers it up really well. its cheap $2 stuff from walmart. right now, all my fans are blowing up/out, ive only got 1 intake fan running at the moment on the front, the 140mm on top seems to keep things really cool (alot of the time, the fan on my heatsink doesn't even run, the 140mm does the work for it)

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
well that's the nice part, if you cut from the back it doesn't have to be straight

Cant wait for the power supply I bought to get here - Modular 620HX should run my rig fine and get rid of some awful cable (mis)management I have going on... maybe drop my temps just a bit (though I'm pretty happy @ 63c running at load 24/7 for folding)... my cable management makes yours look damn decent

Hm, I like the blue LCD on the back of your case - I didn't really think of that personally, I left the Antec Case fans in their on Medium (though I have two cheapo fans in the front at the moment, I have GentleTyphoon 1450s coming shortly though).

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do i need to put feet on the bottom of my case if i drill out the bottom for PSU fan suction? or do the standard feet give enough bottom space for the psu to suck air?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts