Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love it so far. However I am having an issue. I don't know if it is due to my multi GPU setup for not but i have a strong feeling that it is.

The problem is that when I strafe and look around at the same time i get a horrible stutter/judder. It's not nice and feels horrible. I had this issue on MW2 but I simply put the game on D3D Overider and enabled Vsync with triple buffering. This fixed the issue for MW2 but doesn't seem to work for BFBC2.

Has anyone had this issue with their SLI/CFX setups? Or even on your single card setup. If so, how have you fixed the problem if you have fixed it at all.

EDIT Runs somewhat smoother without any FPS decrease on single GPU mode, still has this strange stuttering though. EDIT

Thanks for reading, look forward to hearing from you.

Crooks.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I really want to play this game but I am trying hard not to. Honest to God when I bought Battlefield 2 it was my Freshman year in college and I failed a bunch of classes because I played BF2 through the entire night and didn't go to class during the day.

I know if I buy BC2 while this semester is still going I will probably have a similar repeat to my BF2 experience!

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg121986
View Post

I really want to play this game but I am trying hard not to. Honest to God when I bought Battlefield 2 it was my Freshman year in college and I failed a bunch of classes because I played BF2 through the entire night and didn't go to class during the day.

I know if I buy BC2 while this semester is still going I will probably have a similar repeat to my BF2 experience!

Haha, well it's a fantastic game. I think you should just pull the trigger dude. It's worth it!

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg121986
View Post

Did the same thing in college with CS 1.6. I played BC2 for about 16 hours over the weekend

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to butt into your conversation here guys but can you keep it on topic please...

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edited OP

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
Love the Game, I've been playing since launch, not as much it seems as others, but I still have a blast
all recon unlocks, and most engineer unlocks
Anyways with the stutter/jitter, my GPUs are showing thier age with this game and achieving random crashes
I'm pretty sure its a game issue though, I know lots of people have flicker issues with water/vehicles....

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg121986 View Post

I feel you, don't think I am going to fail any classes but I've spent 44 hours online with the game during finals week and I still have a philosophy paper to write =(

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by H3||scr3am
View Post

Love the Game, I've been playing since launch, not as much it seems as others, but I still have a blast
all recon unlocks, and most engineer unlocks
Anyways with the stutter/jitter, my GPUs are showing thier age with this game and achieving random crashes
I'm pretty sure its a game issue though, I know lots of people have flicker issues with water/vehicles....

Hmmm, but i had the exact same issue with MW2 that was solved via triple buffering in D3D Overider. That's what's strange.
Hopefully it gets fixed in teh partch that is supposed to come out tomorrow

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
oh whats this? a patch, sool now I have 3 things to look forward to tomorrow
new monitors, HexaCore 1336 Xeon Launch, and a BC2 patch

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by H3||scr3am
View Post

oh whats this? a patch, sool now I have 3 things to look forward to tomorrow
new monitors, HexaCore 1336 Xeon Launch, and a BC2 patch

Yeah I read about the patch in the news section earlier.

So anyone got any other tips to try to get rid of this stuttering? You guys not experiencing any of this?

Is there anyone i can contact at DICE or EA?

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Most likely your dual core. I experience this stuttering on any graphical setting. Even when I'm getting ~60 fps, this stutter happens, and it happens even when things are relatively quiet and nothing much is going on in front of me.

All the sound is done on one of the cores, with just 2 cores, it causes a slowdown. I really wish this game used my damn sound card.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OJX
View Post

Most likely your dual core. I experience this stuttering on any graphical setting. Even when I'm getting ~60 fps, this stutter happens, and it happens even when things are relatively quiet and nothing much is going on in front of me.

All the sound is done on one of the cores, with just 2 cores, it causes a slowdown. I really wish this game used my damn sound card.

Then there's definitely something amiss with your system, because you have a dual at 3.15Ghz, whereas he has the fastest C2D dual clocked at a whopping 4.5Ghz, his dual aint the problem....

Mine at 3.8 runs this game at full settings, 1680 x 1050, 8 x AA (had it at 4 x and thought to try 8 x, the 5850 eats it up), 16 x AF, between 40-50 fps. He has a 23" monitor as well, so the same or just one step higher res.

Crooksy, you've edited your post with what I was gonna suggest, disabling SLI, so I dunno fella. But one thing I do know is that it aint for lack of processing power.

Mind you, so did you.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I am sorry but if I was getting "between 40-50 fps" I would basically stop playing this game.

Btw, C2D id not enough for this game, I had e8400 @ 4.2 Ghz and it failed miserably.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iching
View Post

I am sorry but if I was getting "between 40-50 fps" I would basically stop playing this game.

Btw, C2D id not enough for this game, I had e8400 @ 4.2 Ghz and it failed miserably.

No, YOU failed miserably if you couldn't get this game to run at a decent framerate with that chip at 4.2Ghz. You also failed with your reply.

So you can see through my eyes can you? Until you can, I suggest you keep your elitist opinion to yourself. I know when a game plays smoothly for me, and that 40-50fps is a fraps measurement. But it plays smoothly, otherwise I wouldn't bother playing it and racking up so many kills. The OP also doesn't have a framerate issue, so he's probably pulling similar if not slightly higher frames than me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooksy
View Post

The problem is that when I strafe and look around at the same time i get a horrible stutter/judder. It's not nice and feels horrible. I had this issue on MW2 but I simply put the game on D3D Overider and enabled Vsync with triple buffering. This fixed the issue for MW2 but doesn't seem to work for BFBC2.

Has anyone had this issue with their SLI/CFX setups? Or even on your single card setup. If so, how have you fixed the problem if you have fixed it at all.

So it isn't a framerate issue, which if you'd been bothered to read what the OP was actually asking and post something helpful, instead of coming in and telling him what he has isn't enough, so basically saying he has to upgrade his PC, you'd already know that and could perhaps offer him some advice.

But that's not why you posted. Still, at least you've bumped Crooksy's thread up again.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manc25 View Post
No, YOU failed miserably if you couldn't get this game to run at a decent framerate with that chip at 4.2Ghz. You also failed with your reply.

So you can see through my eyes can you? Until you can, I suggest you keep your elitist opinion to yourself. I know when a game plays smoothly for me, and that 40-50fps is a fraps measurement. But it plays smoothly, otherwise I wouldn't bother playing it and racking up so many kills. The OP also doesn't have a framerate issue, so he's probably pulling similar if not slightly higher frames than me.

So it isn't a framerate issue, which if you'd been bothered to read what the OP was actually asking and post something helpful, instead of coming in and telling him what he has isn't enough, so basically saying he has to upgrade his PC, you'd already know that and could perhaps offer him some advice.

But that's not why you posted. Still, at least you've bumped Crooksy's thread up again.
Thanks. So yeah, just to clarify, frame rates are not the issue here. The stuttering is not caused by struggling hardware.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Have you tried a clean install?

There might be something amiss at the windows level if this happens in more than one game.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
MultiGPU stuttering IS AN ISSUE. It's going to be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Other MultiGPU owners have reported the same problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts