Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeu2k1

hi,
i have just bought this computer link below can ne1 tell me if i got a good deal and is it overclokable?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

cut copy and paste it into ur browser and let me know thanks

It's a fair deal, but you could have done a bit better by doint it yourself.

The system is overclockable but I think you're going to be limited because the Nforce 3 150 chipset doesnt have PCI/AGP locks.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

It's a fair deal, but you could have done a bit better by doint it yourself.

The system is overclockable but I think you're going to be limited because the Nforce 3 150 chipset doesnt have PCI/AGP locks.

i have read reviews and people have said they have reached 2.4ghz! the only thing i canbt find out is what make ram it is?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

i have read reviews and people have said they have reached 2.4ghz! the only thing i canbt find out is what make ram it is?

That seems about right, because the PCI/AGP speeds will start acting funny anywhere after 215FSB/HTT depending on how sensitive your HDD, Audio and other devices are.

I cant see the memory brand either, but if it's anything decent you shouldnt have a problem getting it up to 215FSB/HTT.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

That seems about right, because the PCI/AGP speeds will start acting funny anywhere after 215FSB/HTT depending on how sensitive your HDD, Audio and other devices are.

I cant see the memory brand either, but if it's anything decent you shouldnt have a problem getting it up to 215FSB/HTT.

i have just emailed the bloke asking what brand memorty it is so ill post it here when i know k.

and is a clawhammer an o.k cpu im new to the 64bit world been ruuning an athlon xp 2800+ but i oced to much and fried the cpu and my hd went up in flames lol

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

i have just emailed the bloke asking what brand memorty it is so ill post it here when i know k.

and is a clawhammer an o.k cpu im new to the 64bit world been ruuning an athlon xp 2800+ but i oced to much and fried the cpu and my hd went up in flames lol

Damn, that's pretty reckless
. I've fried parts myself but never had any fire, just sparks.

Yeah, clawhammers are fine cpus. You get the 1MB extra cache and they overclock quite well.

When you start overclocking it, set a low shutdown temp so your cpu doesnt burn in the process if temps get too high. And dont do big jumps, up voltage .25 or .5 at a time and FSB 5mhz at a time, that way you'll be safer.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Damn, that's pretty reckless
. I've fried parts myself but never had any fire, just sparks.

Yeah, clawhammers are fine cpus. You get the 1MB extra cache and they overclock quite well.

When you start overclocking it, set a low shutdown temp so your cpu doesnt burn in the process if temps get too high. And dont do big jumps, up voltage .25 or .5 at a time and FSB 5mhz at a time, that way you'll be safer.

can u give me a step by step guide to overclocking this computer coz i aint wasting more money

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

can u give me a step by step guide to overclocking this computer coz i aint wasting more money

oh and the hard drive literally went up in flames only a 10sec flame enough to but the insides.

if u can help with overclocking my p.c ill rep u str8 away k

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

oh and the hard drive literally went up in flames only a 10sec flame enough to but the insides.

have u got a soket 754 athlon 64?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

For startes read Yiffy's A64 Guide. It will help you understand the new terms that are used with A64 like HTT and how they affect clock speeds and stuff.

If you have any specific questions when you're done reading it ask and I'll be happy to explain it to you.

Read it twice if you have to, it can be a bit confusing.

EDIT: Yes I have a S754 Clawhammer 3200... Just like you

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

For startes read Yiffy's A64 Guide. It will help you understand the new terms that are used with A64 like HTT and how they affect clock speeds and stuff.

If you have any specific questions when you're done reading it ask and I'll be happy to explain it to you.

Read it twice if you have to, it can be a bit confusing.

EDIT: Yes I have a S754 Clawhammer 3200... Just like you

thats helped alot yes a bit confusing but i think i got it.

will this p.c i bought play doom 3 fine? i honestlly have no idea with x64s

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

thats helped alot yes a bit confusing but i think i got it.

will this p.c i bought play doom 3 fine? i honestlly have no idea with x64s

Well CPU/Memory wise you're more than good for any game out there, and that 9800Pro should run the game fine with good settings.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Well CPU/Memory wise you're more than good for any game out there, and that 9800Pro should run the game fine with good settings.

cheers mate ill rep ya lol....

what part of florida u live in im english but lived in pensacola for 6months

1 - 13 of 13 Posts