Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just build this system with a phenom ii x2 555 on an asus 790x mobo with 4gb of ocz ddr3 1600 ram, i reused my evga gtx 260 SC, and i put it all together, got windows installed, installed all my drivers, then i installed forceware, and it just keeps crashing, the drivers will crash out of nowhere sitting in my desktop, and i cant even open a game without it crashing, and i just now opened a game, drivers crashed, and there are artifacts all over my screen. Ive tried two different drivers so far, the current whql driver and the beta driver off of guru3d, i dont know what i should do, downgrade to another older driver? or what? ive never had any problems with this card in my last setup (still in signature)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabee77
View Post

yep, i sure did, thats the whql drivers i tried, then i tried the newest beta from guru3d, im about to try the last whql drivers before these ones that were available.

Being you have a 790x mobo you might have issues with the ati drives conflicting with the nvidia drivers possibly. I would go to safe mode and use driver sweaper and clear off both your nvidia and ati chipset drivers. Then install the ATI chipset drivers from the driver cd first. Then install a older working nvidia driver give that a try.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xgeko2 View Post
Being you have a 790x mobo you might have issues with the ati drives conflicting with the nvidia drivers possibly. I would go to safe mode and use driver sweaper and clear off both your nvidia and ati chipset drivers. Then install the ATI chipset drivers from the driver cd first. Then install a older working nvidia driver give that a try.
I agree with this way. Therefore, my MB + Vid Card usually Intel + NV or AMD + ATI. Although there is no standard , I believe it will not so complicated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xgeko2 View Post
I agree with this way. Therefore, my MB + Vid Card usually Intel + NV or AMD + ATI. Although there is no standard , I believe it will not so complicated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay it seems like the older drivers are stable, but im seeing a drop in fps by half in furmark. even though the newest drivers arent stable, i get 30fps in furmark at 1920x1200 w/16xAA while with these older drivers im getting a CONSTANT, does not change at all 15 fps. i dont know whats up, im thinking my computer just doesnt like win 7 64, i was running 32 bit in my last set up..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh and by the way the error windows gives me is nvidia windows kernel mode driver stopped responding, ive read some stuff online about others having this problem, and i have no idea what to do.

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
Tried re-installing the Drivers in Compatibility mode?

Right-click on the Driver .exe>Goto Properties>Compatibility Mode, check the box to 'Run in Compatibility Mode For:' And Select Vista>Apply. Then try and Install them again?

Dunno if that'll work, worth a shot though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.