Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmmm, I was able to play Crysis Warhead with all enthusiast settings; Vsync[Dunno what it does] and 16xQ AA enabled.

it took a long time to load and system used to freeze for some time after quit to desktop. During the playtime I encountered small glitches but overall I was satisfied with the gameplay with almost no lag. From what I can remember, I used to get 11FPS-16FPS during the gameplay.

But I heard somewhere that 9800GT cannot handle Crysis Warhead at high settings. So, my question is, is it normal with my GPU?

Processor is OC to 3.6GHz.................GPU to 702/1620/929.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yes its normal, the 9800GT's is equivalent to the 8800GT.
The settings are way too high for your graphic card, you need atleast a 4870 to play at those settings, however if you're looking for an upgrade, you can try getting the 4890 and you'll encounter much more FPS at those settings

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't even consider playing a game at anything below 25. Then again, I'm picky.

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
Quote:
During the playtime I encountered small glitches but overall I was satisfied with the gameplay with almost no lag. From what I can remember, I used to get 11FPS-16FPS during the gameplay.
Wait, what?

A 9800GT 8800GT can't handle Crysis at that point. I'd bet it ran out of VRAM since you had 16xAA enabled...

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
GTX285 my friend
This man has pointed the correct direction

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Well, if you're playing it at like 1024x768, a 9800GT will probably 'handle' those settings I suppose.

If you were at 1680x1050 or above, like most people around here like to play at, then no way would those settings be 'playable'. It'd be like a slideshow.

So it's not that a 9800GT physically 'can't play' crysis/wh at those settings, it's just that it can't do them at a remotely high resolution and still be playable.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

You want at least 25fps IMO. Try lowering things that you wouldn't notice anyways.

To OP, I can't believe 11-16fps was playable for you.

Like the quote above, 25FPS seems to be the smooth sweet spot for me. What res did you run this at? If below, 1440x900/1280x1024, it'd be kinda useless getting a card like the HD 4870 and up or the GTX 260 and up.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
I originally ran Crysis with a 8600GT on a 22" LCD and I was on medium and got like 30 FPS..

If I was you I'd turn all that AA off if you only have a 8800GT

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
I originally ran Crysis with a 8600GT on a 22" LCD and I was on medium and got like 30 FPS..

If I was you I'd turn all that AA off if you only have a 8800GT
Sorry, but what were other PC specs? And proof?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts