Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dug up my old ati rage pci card and the bastard worked, bought this back in 97 or 98 this bad boy has a wopping 32mb of memory, i wonder if i should try to overclock it and see what happens lol, then i'll be able to run with the big boys and there 5970's....hahahahaha

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
I used to have one of those. Good times.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yea good times, when game requirements were simplier, a 266mhz processor 32mb ram 80mb hard drive space, lols

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah yea the old PII i had a 300mhz quicker than a hot shix everyone else in my class had either a 166 or a 266 they all drooled lols

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
u should put a pot on it and volt mod it and overclock it to 2Ghz. then it will be as powerful as a crippled 4350

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any other sugestions on how to mod this , hummm maybe i should dig in the bios and see whats up

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enfluenza View Post
u should put a pot on it and volt mod it and overclock it to 2Ghz. then it will be as powerful as a crippled 4350

Still not even close. The PSP has a better gpu than a rage pro.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Old School. I have a old ATI Rage II that wasn't even good for 3D back then lol. Still works though.

I believe it still is running in an old P2 266, 48MB EDO, 6G HD, and connected to a Voodoo II.

The biggest problem I had with that comp was its 48MB EDO memory. It really needed 64M for games like UT and such.

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amd-dude View Post
I just dug up my old ati rage pci card and the bastard worked, bought this back in 97 or 98 this bad boy has a wopping 32mb of memory, i wonder if i should try to overclock it and see what happens lol, then i'll be able to run with the big boys and there 5970's....hahahahaha
I challenge you for a Crysis Benchmark.

You have 2 weeks to overclock this one to over 9000 on core.

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
http://www.overclock.net/ati/746477-...rclocking.html
This may help, although mine was an Pro version. Never ddid find a vmod.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lune View Post
I challenge you for a Crysis Benchmark.

You have 2 weeks to overclock this one to over 9000 on core.
Card doesnt support the pixel shaders and such dude.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha ha tried ati tool and started to raise the speed then flat line, i guess 300mhz and a bios flash/oc was wishfull thinking oh well, RIP my trusty card

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
Still not even close. The PSP has a better gpu than a rage pro.
lol
overclock to 6ghz

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amd-dude
View Post

Ha ha tried ati tool and started to raise the speed then flat line, i guess 300mhz and a bios flash/oc was wishfull thinking oh well, RIP my trusty card

*bagpipes play amazing grace*

in memory of amd-dude's ATI Rage

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was a sad day...BUT THEN...he's not dead anymore...it was out of the system for about a week after trying to restore the original bios but i thought it was really dead but now it still works...i don't know if its still stable and in his right mind, i have my old rig here and i'm goin to try this with crysis:

Ole Faithfull:

Athlon 64 1640 oc'ed to 3.0ghz
1x 1gig kingston, 1x 512mb titian RAM
MSI board (don't remember the model)
80gig baracuda
and now the old ati rage 32mb

I'll install crysis and see if the game would even start and try to get some benches or even screenshots, if not i'll install some other games and see if they would actually run.

Any predictions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts