Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfourtunatly the Nvidia control panel tray wont show down there near the time?? why? what can i do?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
So are you saying that you installed the official NVIDIA Display driver/software package from NVIDIA's website, rebooted, and it still doesn't show up in the Notification Area?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
i have noo idea, i have the same issue half the time with the ncp, is a hit and miss with me on this crappy lappy, which service pack you using? (doubt it will make a difference never did for me)

anyways free bump for yah hopefully someone will pick this up and figure out this problem

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

So are you saying that you installed the official NVIDIA Display driver/software package from NVIDIA's website, rebooted, and it still doesn't show up in the Notification Area?

Yes thats exactly what iam trying to say.. and I have sp1:S....

·
Registered
282 Posts
hmmm, there is a nvidia tray icon? I have used vista since it was released, then used win7 since it was released. I have never had an nvidia tray icon. Just right click desktop and go to nvidia control panel.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Before Win7 RC1 was going to start shutting down I went back to XP Home Premium on my gaming PC for a few days and noticed a Nvidia icon in the systray, Ive never seen one in Vista or Win 7.

Just right click your desktop and there will be an option for the Nvidia control panel.

Its funny it was the opposite for me, I wondered what the hell it was doing down there.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is weird.. ok now right after i installed the new display nvidia drivers the tray appeared in right next to the time. When i restarted it wouldnt show up anymore. Now the reason this is very important! is cuz any settings i do from right clicking the desktop and go to nvidia control panel and change any settings there it wont take effect. I dunno why. u see why this is important i dunno why it dosnt show up there but it shud otherwise settings wont stick or take effect.

pardon my english.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eh bump?

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Go to control panel,and search for the nvidia control panel,somwhere in the options u can find,or simply by right clicking on desktop.

Enable Tray icon

Heading to your display settings advanced , clicking on your display card tab then when in the nvidia control panel select classic menu then look for tools and checking the show taskbar icon.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks but i cannot find tools anywhere.....

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt3 View Post
thanks but i cannot find tools anywhere.....
That's because the only menu options are File, Edit, View and Help. And the only menu that would (or should?) have this option we're looking for is the View menu, but the only option in there is just to add the Desktop Context Menu item.

So, I guess I was totally wrong when I thought that I had a Notification Area icon the first time I installed the official NVIDIA Display Driver.

So, just open the NVIDIA Control Panel, right-click its icon on the Taskbar, and choose "Pin this program to taskbar". You can also place it in one of the first 10 positions on the Taskbar starting from the left so that you can open it using WinKey+[corresponding position number]. So, if it's the first pinned item from the left, then you would open it using WinKey+1. Or, if it's the 10th item, then it would be WinKey+0. But if you place it anywhere after, then you can assign a hotkey for it. To do that, pin the NVIDIA Control Panel to the Taskbar, then Shift+Right-click the icon and choose Properties. Look for the "Shortcut key" field, and create the shortcut key. Note: Windows only allows combinations using Ctrl+Alt. For example, I'm actually using Ctrl+Alt+7 for the NVIDIA Control Panel because it's the 17th item on my Taskbar (or, I can say that it's 7 items after the 10th item).

• Rep+
Reactions: kitt3
1 - 12 of 12 Posts