Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two things I wouild basically liek to know.

A) How can I sync the phone to my email address (philsmith04 at hotmail)

It is synced to a Gmail account I set up, but that is not my primary email account. I only used it because the phone insisted

B) Any cool apps that I should give a try?

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sorted out my email last night

There was an email icon ont he menu, I pressed it and it synced my mail from what ever email address I wanted.

It's weird though, my hotmail works perfectly. I didn't need to pay for Pop3 like those guys stated. I guess M$ must have changed it previously.

+1 Thanks dude. and yea they're awesome

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Do you like the G1.. I'm seriously considering getting it tomorrow or the next day.

I have an old Sony Ericsson and I really need a new phone. Do you like the G1 so far.

Can I use Yahoo mail with it?

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea you can use Yahoo mail with it.

The phone itself needs a Gmail account in order to use it. But you don't actually need to use the account for anything other than activating the phone. You can then set up your yahoo account so that it sends all your emails to your phone.

My impressions so far:

I like the fact that it has a keyboard. I can';t stand fully touch screen phones. I love the concept, but texting on them is a pain, so the keyboard is a must for me.

The downloadable content is great. There are a select few awesome apps, the rest are just lesser iterations of the greater ones, but there are some really good apps out there for it.

The real estate on the screen is good. You can slide it to the right for another screen so you can put all of your icons on there, and you can slide it to the left to use the integrated search bar.

The games for it are fun. I usually just play Sudoku, and PapiJump is an awesome game.

8GB memory cards are extremely cheap, so no problems with space.

There are a few annoying things about the phone. Like the fact that it may as well be always on silent because the volume isn't exactly loud, without the vibration I wouldn't even know someone is ringing me. There is also the fact that the battery only lasts about 10 hours if you use it intensively. My brother has one also, and he said that after a week or so of charging it, the battery life gets better. I hope so, it's a pain when my battery goes flat at work when I charged it the previous night.

The phone is awesome, I've had a play on my mates HTC Touch HD and it is definitely better than that, I have yet to use an Iphone though. But it is worth getting one.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
I've used iiphones, they are ok, but so far I just love my G1.. it's great.

oh ya, I got one yesterday.

play the labyrinth game. it's actually very very fun. I want to buy the real one for 99c as the demo I beat to fast, but it's very very amusing. and a little addicting. Bonsia Blast is ok.. I've yet to try papijump but i heard it was pretty fun. (I can't find pacman for the life of me)

Other than that it's a great phone.. but I wish that Say when someone calls me from a number that is NOT saved.. it just shows up as 702-XXX-XXXX just whatever. I wish from right there in the call log. I could click on that number. and save it to my contacts. Either you can't, or I just have not figured it out yet. Instead you have to actually type the phone number in the dialer, and THEN you can hit menu, and go to add to contacts. but you should be able to enter it from the call log without having to type the number in... is that possible??

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc
View Post

I've used iiphones, they are ok, but so far I just love my G1.. it's great.

oh ya, I got one yesterday.

play the labyrinth game. it's actually very very fun. I want to buy the real one for 99c as the demo I beat to fast, but it's very very amusing. and a little addicting. Bonsia Blast is ok.. I've yet to try papijump but i heard it was pretty fun. (I can't find pacman for the life of me)

Other than that it's a great phone.. but I wish that Say when someone calls me from a number that is NOT saved.. it just shows up as 702-XXX-XXXX just whatever. I wish from right there in the call log. I could click on that number. and save it to my contacts. Either you can't, or I just have not figured it out yet. Instead you have to actually type the phone number in the dialer, and THEN you can hit menu, and go to add to contacts. but you should be able to enter it from the call log without having to type the number in... is that possible??

If you go to the market application, launch it and press the menu button. Click on search and type in pac man. It came up straight away for me. I too cannot figure out how to save a number directly from my calls list, it's pretty stupid to be honest. Let's hope they make an update and include that feature.

I got the labyrinth game, I found the ball was a bit too sensitive but non the less it was fun. I only got the demo though

I haven't tried Bonzai Blast yet, just downloading it now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts