Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i already got it all setup, and runing but i got some questions and figured this is the best place to go cause you guys are the **** ;]..anyway i just used the stock cooling liquid that comes with thermaltake waterblock(good or bad?) , next im wondering how fast will a leak pop up and will it ruin my system , so far ive had real good results , im runing my quad 9650 at 4.0ghz, cant seem to get it any higher then that and its not tempeture thats stoping me its something else cause i dont even get to boot into windows anytime i pass 4.0, but anyway that was offtopic..back to the main question

whats up with leaks in watercooling , anyone with any experiences in leaks or suggestions on how to prevent it before lemme know whats up., thank you

-biueprint

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
it is not a good idea to using thermaltake for water cooling. you are better off getting a high quality CPU cooler. such as the Xigmateck Dark Knight, or true you will get better temp buy using a cpu cooler.
The best way to water cool is to make a custom loop. if not get a w/c kit like this http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-H20...t-pr-4324.html

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

it is not a good idea to using thermal take for water cooling. you are better off getting a high quality CPU cool. such as the Xigmateck Dark Knight, or true

He's already got water, he might not want to go back to air(TRUE). But I have heard that Tt water cooling systems are less effective than the TRUE. Good call.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnolnats
View Post

He's already got water, he might not want to go back to air(TRUE). But I have heard that Tt cooling systems are less effective than the TRUE. Good call.

yep. I say if he wants to do water cooling the right way i would return the case and get a Comos S, Haf 932, Tj07 example of good cases for w/c and do a custom w/c loop

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just followed the directions and used what came stock, but **** is thermaltake bad for watercooling? i was thinkin about picking up some other waterblocks at the store and throwing them in my setup, i seen this really awesome northbridge waterblock for pretty cheap

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
**** i hate when i just go out and buy something and then find out later that it was a waste of money, i mean its doing me good so far but anyone heard of thermaltake leaking fast?

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by biueprint
View Post

**** i hate when i just go out and buy something and then find out later that it was a waste of money, i mean its doing me good so far but anyone heard of thermaltake leaking fast?

Yes, they have tons of issues with breaking blocks, pumps, etc...

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have had a thermaltake watercooling kit for 18 months and never had any problems.The pump is slow but the temps are not too bad.As long as the nuts are tightley screwed you should be okay.Remember to flash out the coolant every 3-6 months,No leaks anyways

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
One problem I had was the pump stopped working after 6 months.If it happens again I will go straight to air cooling I think.Either True Or Noctua.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
it gets dirty over time and its efefctiveness is not as good.General Maintenance thats all

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also i seen this cool ass stand up ac unit the other day at home depot it was about 400bucks, and ive been wanting to get a window shaker for my room to keep it colder in my room, but window shakes are a pain in the ass to install, im thinkin about buying this stand up ac unit and puting it facing my cp because its basically all in my closet area, and keeping my ac unit on like 65 degrees to have it ****in ice cold antaratica in my room, anyone think this would be a cool idea to keep the pc ultra cool, i also use a homedepot Lasko pro performance fan blowing inside my pc to keep everything at the lowest tempetures possible

heres a link the to the lasko fan
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100658973

dude that fan kicks ****in major ass, when i turn my pc off at night i face that **** at the wall in my room and the air bounces off the wall and into my bed, its ****in great for sleeping

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Buying a Custom Watercooling parts will be very expensive.I rather get a top of the line CPU Air Cooler.
Anyone using a TRUE or Noctua with a Q9450 and what they do you get

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
bluepriny; what temps are you getting now idle and load

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hold on i actually gotta reinstall my board monitoring system then ill tell you both load and idle, brb have to reboot

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been using the Thermaltake loop that came with my Kandalf LCS case for well over a year without a single problem. Originally I had planned to replace each of the loop components a piece at a time, as I only wanted the case for its design and built in radiator door. But I'm finding myself hard pressed to make any changes. Every few months I take everything apart and do a routine inspection for damage, but I have to say, so far everything has performed beautifully. The kit that came with the Kandalf is superior to tt's BigWater kits in several ways as well.

With no modifications to the tt rig, I can easily keep my Q6600 at a far lower temperature OC'd to 3.8GHz than the stock cooler could at stock speeds. The BigWater rad and pump is crap, but the waterblock seems to use a good thick slab of acrylic. The pump is decent as well, and although there are stronger ones out there it does the job.

If you're using the Kandalf LCS kit, you should be fine. Consider switching out the pump to a stronger model as an upgrade down the road, and keep an eye on the waterblock just in case. If it's a regular Kandalf with a BigWater slotted into it, ditch everything but the hoses and perhaps the waterblock ASAP.

Also, the tt Northbridge waterblock is just a hunk of copper with barbs, more or less exactly what a waterblock oughta be. It will only be limited by how well you attach the hoses to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts