Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I just found my max stable overclock with aircooling and PC3200 ram.... My A64 3000+ Winchester topps out stabily at 2.61 for a grand total of 810 aircooled megahertz
w00t w00t!

Just thought I'd post about me doin' the happy dance. Click my rig icon to check out it's new benchmark scores in Sandra (P4 eater!) and Super Pi!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******

I think I just found my max stable overclock with aircooling and PC3200 ram.... My A64 3000+ Winchester topps out stabily at 2.61 for a grand total of 810 aircooled megahertz
w00t w00t!

Just thought I'd post about me doin' the happy dance. Click my rig icon to check out it's new benchmark scores in Sandra (P4 eater!) and Super Pi!

I have the same setup and was having a little trouble getting it any higher then 2.1. could you post all the changes that you made in the bios to help me out? Thanks

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbc0011

I have the same setup and was having a little trouble getting it any higher then 2.1. could you post all the changes that you made in the bios to help me out? Thanks

When you say you have the "same" setup is it exactly the same or only partially the same. Give me a rundown on exactly every piece in your system. Your maximum overclock could be determined by a few things and I already have some things in mind but I need some system details to validate my thoughts.

Post up specs and I'll definately try and get you taken care of!

Welcome to OC.NET!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

When you say you have the "same" setup is it exactly the same or only partially the same. Give me a rundown on exactly every piece in your system. Your maximum overclock could be determined by a few things and I already have some things in mind but I need some system details to validate my thoughts.

Post up specs and I'll definately try and get you taken care of!

Welcome to Overclock.Net!

lol well ok not exactly the same..
9nda3j mobo
3000+ 90nm
pc4200 pdp 2x512
gforce 4 ti4600
I think my problem was not locking the agp clock but wasnt sure.
Thanks!

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

lol well ok not exactly the same..
9nda3j mobo
3000+ 90nm
pc4200 pdp 2x512
gforce 4 ti4600
I think my problem was not locking the agp clock but wasnt sure.
Thanks!

Ok considering your your cooling setup is good enough, and your psu has a decent 12v rail you should be able to get a good overclock since you're essentially running the same mobo that I am.

You need to start by upping your vdimm to 2.8 and up your vcore to 1.5. Go into your advanced bios options and lower your HT Multiplier to 4x to begin with. Now go back into your power bios area and start increasing your cpu frequency in 5mhz jumps until your computer won't post or wont load into windows. Once you've reached that point you need to go back into the advanced bios area and then into your ram configuration area where you will need to start slacking your memory timings (however you should be able to hit 266mhz fsb with stock timings since ur running PC4200).

That's your first step, lemme know how it goes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Ok considering your your cooling setup is good enough, and your psu has a decent 12v rail you should be able to get a good overclock since you're essentially running the same mobo that I am.

You need to start by upping your vdimm to 2.8 and up your vcore to 1.5. Go into your advanced bios options and lower your HT Multiplier to 4x to begin with. Now go back into your power bios area and start increasing your cpu frequency in 5mhz jumps until your computer won't post or wont load into windows. Once you've reached that point you need to go back into the advanced bios area and then into your ram configuration area where you will need to start slacking your memory timings (however you should be able to hit 266mhz fsb with stock timings since ur running PC4200).

That's your first step, lemme know how it goes!

ohh so i still need to raise the voltage on the memory!? i thought since it was 4200 i wouldnt have to..

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

ohh so i still need to raise the voltage on the memory!? i thought since it was 4200 i wouldnt have to..
Your ram may operate stock at 2.8 and you're underpowering it at 2.5.... Crank your vdimm all the way up and see if you notice a difference.

tw33k, as soon as I score an XP-120 that's what I'll be runnin' at

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Your ram may operate stock at 2.8 and you're underpowering it at 2.5.... Crank your vdimm all the way up and see if you notice a difference.

tw33k, as soon as I score an XP-120 that's what I'll be runnin' at

what heatsink you have on it now frag?

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

what heatsink you have on it now frag?
XP-90 & high speed Panaflo

Dark - I'm running at 1.6 right now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Quote:

XP-90 & high speed Panaflo

Dark - I'm running at 1.6 right now.
Hey man I have that same ram I have gotten it stable to 250 with 2-3-3-8 timings. I may could go higher but haven't yet. What is yours running at and what timings? Also what Voltage?

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandron19
Hey man I have that same ram I have gotten it stable to 250 with 2-3-3-8 timings. I may could go higher but haven't yet. What is yours running at and what timings? Also what Voltage?
My ram is running at 2.5-4-3-6 at 2.5 vdimm. Your ram can definately be pushed quite a bit further than 250.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
I still got him beat at 31 seconds

Meh u have a faster stock chip than I do, i'm not crying over a second

1 - 20 of 33 Posts