Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my day today consisted of getting my two AP-15's from purilator only to discover that one of them is DOA. It doesn't spin at all, and makes a scraping sound when I move it with my hand.

I called up NCIX and they tried to make me pay for return shipping, but then told me they would make a "one time exception" when I complained. I was so close to calling my CC company and asking for a charge back. Then I forgot to write the RMA number on the box because I just happened to be reformatting the computer with the printer on it, so I couldn't print a shipping label. So I have to wait for purilator to come back to let me make the changes. I can't tell you all how annoying this has all been for me.

Funny thing is, when I got a DOA fan when ordering from my business, they told me to break a fin and send them a pic. They shipped a replacement out no problem. Guess when it comes to random guys they don't care so much.

I really don't know what could be wrong with the fan though, I thought these were suppose to be high quality. This ever happen to anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
It's quite standard for a company to ask the customer to pay return shipping (to them) then they cover shipping costs for your replacement.

In any case, you always have the chance of a bad batch, this is why there are warranties in place, else we'd really be up a creek. Anywho, to answer yours second question, yes and no. GT's that I ordered always came working fine, minus one with a horrendous whirling noise.

Luck of the draw is key, and you were unlucky. That's my thought anyways
frown.gif

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
They are good quality fans, looks like Nidec's QC let one slip by the goalie.
I had one go on me before too (bad bearing) fan would make a grinding noise while spinning, failure rate can never be 0% so chalk it up to bad luck I suppose.

As for NCIX, when you check-out there's an option you can select for expedited RMA.
It costs more, and personally I find it to be a bit of BS (in terms of receiving DOA merchandise), but that's what they want you to do for hassle-free returns.

·
Banned
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find the express RMA a load of crap too. I mean shipping costs almost as much as the fan itself in this case which essentially raises the cost of the fan essentially by 75 to 100% the base cost.

I guess most people don't realise that if you buy with a credit card you have the option of doing a charge back if something like this happens. Personally I would have tried that before paying return shipping.

Also when you're ordering, there are multiple insurance options. One of them is "shipping insurance with ExpressRMA" and the other one is to opt out, but even when you opt out it says "NCIX is only liable for 100$ worth of damages." So this leads me to believe that the guy on the phone was stringing me around trying to get me to pay for shipping, considering my order was 44$ total.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts