Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By no means are HD202's high end or anything. However, these are probably the best headphones I have owned yet!

They sound pretty damn good to me

In the future, would I be better going HD555's or HD515's?

Keep in mind I mostly listen to Trance, Progressive, Some rock/alternative

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
IMO, I have had both HD 555's and HD 515's, I returned the 555's and got the 515's and took the money left over and bought some games, they are the same basic headphone, its just personal choice, i choose the 515's.

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by nubz
View Post

IMO, I have had both HD 555's and HD 515's, I returned the 555's and got the 515's and took the money left over and bought some games, they are the same basic headphone, its just personal choice, i choose the 515's.

I see. Is there really not that big of a difference?

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by razr7 View Post
yes there's a huge different between the 2
Would you like to elaborate more on that?

What differences would one see?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
nice...the hd202 were my first REAL headphones too. they actually sound really good for the price.

if they feel uncomfortable to you, i would stuff a stretched out cotton ball under the back of the pad. thats what i did to mine. It gives it enough space from your ear so its not as painful to wear after a few hours. I'm working on a mod for them which I will eventually post once I've completely optimized them.

I'd also suggest eq'ing down the midbass/bass for a flatter response, but given your choice of music you may chose not to (on my Ipod i think bass reducer eq tames the bass without eliminating it entirely.). Reducing the bass will bring out the treble and mids.

anyway, cool, from what ive read the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 are the best under 100 bucks.

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by drjoey1500
View Post

nice...the hd202 were my first REAL headphones too. they actually sound really good for the price.

if they feel uncomfortable to you, i would stuff a stretched out cotton ball under the back of the pad. thats what i did to mine. It gives it enough space from your ear so its not as painful to wear after a few hours. I'm working on a mod for them which I will eventually post once I've completely optimized them.

I'd also suggest eq'ing down the midbass/bass for a flatter response, but given your choice of music you may chose not to (on my Ipod i think bass reducer eq tames the bass without eliminating it entirely.). Reducing the bass will bring out the treble and mids.

anyway, cool, from what ive read the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 are the best under 100 bucks.

Nice! Keep me posted on that!

Thank you

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
i've been thinking of buying them aswell, i'm moving up from junk so i'll be happy

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
If they're uncomfortable, then get 555's. I wear mine for 6, 7 hours straight (occasional 30 second breaks) and I never get tried of them. Not even after 6 months of HEAVY usage have they degraded in the slightest.

Best $100 I've spent, after the $200 I spent on my Xbox and Halo 2 (parents paid for the rest).

I moved up from some $30 Sony junk, and the difference was, at first, minimal. But after a few weeks, I switched back for ****s and giggles, and the difference was beyond astounding.

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by low strife View Post
If they're uncomfortable, then get 555's. I wear mine for 6, 7 hours straight (occasional 30 second breaks) and I never get tried of them. Not even after 6 months of HEAVY usage have they degraded in the slightest.

Best $100 I've spent, after the $200 I spent on my Xbox and Halo 2 (parents paid for the rest).

I moved up from some $30 Sony junk, and the difference was, at first, minimal. But after a few weeks, I switched back for ****s and giggles, and the difference was beyond astounding.
Thanks for the info.

I probably will eventually get the HD555's

These HD202's are slightly uncomfortable, nothing big enough to irritate me though. I'm pretty happy with them.

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Just as a warning, the HD555's are great, but you may find the bass lacking..its still there, its just alot more open, and tighter, so if you like bassspam, i wouldnt go with the 555s

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slappa View Post
Thanks for the info.

I probably will eventually get the HD555's

These HD202's are slightly uncomfortable, nothing big enough to irritate me though. I'm pretty happy with them.
I hated my previous headphones. They were these things, and the clips on your ears HURT after an hour of wearing them. There was no bass, and they were pretty tattered before I got my 555's.

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by low strife
View Post

I hated my previous headphones. They were these things, and the clips on your ears HURT after an hour of wearing them. There was no bass, and they were pretty tattered before I got my 555's.

Oh yeah. Those suckers HURT after awhile.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
im trying to decide on the 202s or 201s. What is better?

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

im trying to decide on the 202s or 201s. What is better?

I've heard that the 202's are more bassy then the 201's. It all depends on the music you listen to I guess.

I think the 201's look better too, but oh well.

·
Premium Member
5,410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by low strife View Post

Imagine wearing glasses with those headphone.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slappa View Post
I've heard that the 202's are more bassy then the 201's. It all depends on the music you listen to I guess.

I think the 201's look better too, but oh well.

Is this the only difference?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
i just ordered a pair of 202's can't wait i'm moving up from a junk pair of skullcandy in ear's, i wanted a pair of 515's but the canadian price for those is sitting at 150$
i also got the zalmon clip so imma be in my glee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts