Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading other peoples posts on HD to there monitors and running there sound through there pc sound card. I am a little confused on how to do this. I mean running the video to the monitor is a no brainer but how do I know if my monitor supports HD or not? I have a Dell 2005 fpw 20.1 inch widescreen lcd. I saw someone post that HD mode was on all lcds but I am not sure. Just wanted some clarification on that.
Now my sound card. I have a X-Fi fatality Xtreme gamer pro series sound card.
Heres the link to the specs: http://creative.com/products/product...ct=15854&nav=1

Is it possible to get the sound through this card?
Could you guys give me cable ideas to if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMan1200
View Post

I've been reading other peoples posts on HD to there monitors and running there sound through there pc sound card. I am a little confused on how to do this. I mean running the video to the monitor is a no brainer but how do I know if my monitor supports HD or not? I have a Dell 2005 fpw 20.1 inch widescreen lcd. I saw someone post that HD mode was on all lcds but I am not sure. Just wanted some clarification on that.
Now my sound card. I have a X-Fi fatality Xtreme gamer pro series sound card.
Heres the link to the specs: http://creative.com/products/product...ct=15854&nav=1

Is it possible to get the sound through this card?
Could you guys give me cable ideas to if possible. Thanks

every LCD is HD.... its the resolution it runs at

480p= 852x480
720p= 1280x720
1080i=1920x1080
1080p= 1920x1080

and if you dont have the front panel for that sound card, get your hands on one. I have my 360's audio going through my X-Fi front panel toslink optical audio, but i have had it go through the RCA jacks

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
HD is based on the resolution of your monitor.

Your monitor will support 720p, but it will not support 1080i/p. Your max resolution is 1680x1050. 1080p is 1920x1080, and 720p is 1280x720.

I can't help you with the sound thing. The best I could get my 360 to do is stereo through my computer, I couldn't get 5.1 to work. I believe you will need the front panel for 5.1, Should be able to get mono sound otherwise... which would sound very bad

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Yup, all the monitors are HD

Audio is with a simple Y cable.

Find the Xbox 360 HD VGA cable off of eBay for $15, find the audio Y cable anywhere

It's amazing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
you'll have to set the resolution in the 360 dashboard under system i believe.
with the new update there will also be a 1080p option.

play with those and go from there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
if your resultion is set to 720p/1080i then that is HD.
So sound there is either the opitical audio on the xbox360 side of the plug, which goes to your digital audio receiver, or you can use the composite (red and white rca plug) to the stereo/computer/etc

HD resolution is 1280x720, and the 1080i HD resolution is 1920x1080...so if you can see a nice picture when your xbox is set to 720p/1080i then your monitor is reading that signal output -> HD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok I set my resolution to 1280 x 720. Looks nice but it set the brightness up...its all bright now lol can you guys tell me what the reference level means? and how to switch my brightness down. Thanks
Oh yeah...my sound. I have the red and white rca cables hooked into a 3.5mm splitter that came with the package...I bought the microsoft vga hd cables.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Go to the System Blade > Console settings > Resolution or whatever it is

The new VGA settings are in there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts