Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone thing of these boards, i have to say ( i havnt hooked it up yet) im quite impressed, it comes with a shead load of stuff!
i was told to hangfire for the nes SLi dfi one, but i like the look of this!
does anyone have one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Couple here do... It's shame SLi is so wasted on current processors

please explain a bit more. as im considering getting into sli. i know one thing i will no longer use p4's im jumping the fence and getting a fx53 and either sli or something that will go nicley with a 800 xt pe

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
For the most part SLi is pretty severely bottlenecked by the CPUs because the CPUs just aren't fast enough. But if you're running like two 6600GTs or two 6800NUs it wouldn't be much of an issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

For the most part SLi is pretty severely bottlenecked by the CPUs because the CPUs just aren't fast enough. But if you're running like two 6600GTs or two 6800NUs it wouldn't be much of an issue.

if i go sli route its going to be 2 6800gt's

and with that web site i read today about creating your own proflies if amd does not have a profile in there drivers for a certain game got my intrest. heres the link.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzExLDM=

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyre

please explain a bit more. as im considering getting into sli. i know one thing i will no longer use p4's im jumping the fence and getting a fx53 and either sli or something that will go nicley with a 800 xt pe

hi there, mate, i would reconsider the FX-53 the 64 4000 is more or less the smae chip for alot cheaper, if your going to get and FX spent that few extra quid on getting a 55

just my advice

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_s_1

hi there, mate, i would reconsider the FX-53 the 64 4000 is more or less the smae chip for alot cheaper, if your going to get and FX spent that few extra quid on getting a 55

just my advice

I have to agree with andy on this one.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_s_1

just my advice

wait another few weeks and scrap the FX55 idea too, get the FX57

The A8N is a good board, I have one along with a DFI SLI-D, right now it really doesnt matter which out of the 2 you get, both are suffering from BIOS bugs and terrible memory compatability issues, the DFI moreso than the Asus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts