1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
According to the thread you put the lens back on after you remove the felt. Some people talk about the highs becoming quite peaky after you remove the felt ring so I wouldn't throw it away if I was you.

I would recommend a small amount of deadening in the back of the cup, the dynamat mod he does. There is another thread on head-fi that uses drawer liner.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax;14129311
According to the thread you put the lens back on after you remove the felt. Some people talk about the highs becoming quite peaky after you remove the felt ring so I wouldn't throw it away if I was you.

I would recommend a small amount of deadening in the back of the cup, the dynamat mod he does. There is another thread on head-fi that uses drawer liner.
thanks for the help dude!
also, why not take out the lens? i dont see how a piece of plastic could impact sound other then muffle/distort it

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i modded them, took the felt rings out, thanks for the help guys!
ill let ya know how they are after a few days of use

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtHawker
View Post

I modded my HA-RX900s and love the change. I put the lens back on and it works fine. Did the dynamat xtreme, felt removal, and polyfil sheets (like snow for christmas diorama). The sound is amazingly improved.

Did you notice the highs getting peaky after the felt removal?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
i've had mine for about two weeks now...and there just starting to sound great. i didn't see the need to mod them. but maybe down the road when i'm bored.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I've had my harx 900 for about 3 hours and they sound freaking amazing to me already, of course im coming from the dreaded gaming headset lol . If they get better after wearing them in for a while im excited lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by duox
View Post

I've had my harx 900 for about 3 hours and they sound freaking amazing to me already, of course im coming from the dreaded gaming headset lol . If they get better after wearing them in for a while im excited lol

are you using onboard or sound card... ordering these bad boys tonight pondering on adding the sound card as well only have 30$ at most to drop on one

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nykeiscool
View Post

are you using onboard or sound card... ordering these bad boys tonight pondering on adding the sound card as well only have 30$ at most to drop on one

I'm no audiophile I just wanted something with real bass lol. So ya I'm using onboard for the moment. Might get a soundcard down the road. But for my needs im utterly satisfied in comparison to all the gaming headsets I've used over the years lol.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'm no audiophile I just wanted something with real bass lol. So ya I'm using onboard for the moment. Might get a soundcard down the road. But for my needs im utterly satisfied in comparison to all the gaming headsets I've used over the years lol.

Lol that's the same way i feel! lol i'm no audiophile nor do i even meet the requirements .. i lack the hearing... have a bad sense with hearing lol.. from voice actors to music.. But i figured i'd give these headphones a try since all i have are my stock ear-buds from my iPhone.. from a year ago lol!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nykeiscool
View Post

Lol that's the same way i feel! lol i'm no audiophile nor do i even meet the requirements .. i lack the hearing... have a bad sense with hearing lol.. from voice actors to music.. But i figured i'd give these headphones a try since all i have are my stock ear-buds from my iPhone.. from a year ago lol!

I believe these headphones covered my niche, high quality enough for me to notice the difference without me having to pay 200 dollars for crap id never notice lol.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I believe these headphones covered my niche, high quality enough for me to notice the difference without me having to pay 200 dollars for crap id never notice lol.

Alright lol you sound like me as far as audio goes.. i'll go for it! gonna put my order through in a couple of minutes just waiting to see if anyone has a comment for my thread

1 - 14 of 14 Posts