Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GPU Enthusiast
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it doesn't seem to want to charge my mouse at all
rolleyes.gif

I went through the rather small directions booklet/do's and don't's, and everything should be functioning properly. The desk is a wooden surface, no large magnets nearby (pretty sure small logitech speakers 12" away shoudn't be an issue here), and the mouse is within the specified charging area in the diagram. Has anyone else taken a leap of faith and bought one of these? Come across any issues perhaps?

I watched linus do an unveiling a few weeks ago and he did mention in the video that the circuitry in the charging mat is rather fragile, as he broke the first pad by bending it
rolleyes.gif
, and I was very careful to not flex the pad at all. It makes me wonder how easily these can break during shipping even by being jostled inside the packaging.

@CPate

*Forgot to clarify the mouse/pc had be left idle for an hour and 30 minutes, and remained at 68% the entire time.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Someone mentioned there's wasn't working until they swapped the cable. Have you tried a different cable yet? Like the one that came with the mouse instead of the pad?

·
GPU Enthusiast
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the cable that came with it plugged in.

So I decided to leave the pad on the floor overnight (on top of the powerplay box), and the mouse did charge from 68 to 93% (roughly 7 hours). I'm just wondering if the metal foot from my monitor stand or metal desk frame below the desktop is interfering with charging. Seems I'll have to discharge the mouse and then leave it overnight again and see if it will charge on top of my desk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts