1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official Luddite of OCN
6,029 Posts
Hell of a deal assuming it's in good shape

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I recently packed my NH-D15s in a checked bag on an airline without any box, just wrapped in clothes. It got dinged up a bit (bent fins here and there), but it performs the same.

• Rep+
Reactions: ItsCheetah

·
Premium Member
28,386 Posts
Great price of that cooler!
What you plan to use it on?

• Rep+

·
Registered
i9-12900K
801 Posts
Hell of a cooler, dude! I love mine for how quiet and compact it is.

• Rep+

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently packed my NH-D15s in a checked bag on an airline without any box, just wrapped in clothes. It got dinged up a bit (bent fins here and there), but it performs the same.
You would be surprised, I’ve seen some pretty beat up coolers perform about the same. As long as the heat pipes aren’t damaged your in good shape.

·
Premium Member
28,386 Posts
You would be surprised, I’ve seen some pretty beat up coolers perform about the same. As long as the heat pipes aren’t damaged your in good shape.
Indeed, bent fins are usually easy to straighten out to at least close to original shape and as long as they have good attachment to heat pipes and base is flat, old beatup coolers work as good as new ones.

About 5 years ago I found a Cogage Arrow with fins so bent up it looks more like a a ball with copper pipes and block than a cooler. I spent hours straightening fins, but in the end it worked just fine. I collect old systems and components to fix up and give to people who can't afford them. Amazing how happy some are about having even old 920 system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts