Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i got my I5 @ 3.8ghz @1.34 and my idle is 35C and with Intel Burn In under max settings i seem to max my temps at 62C. Do these temps seem fair? I currently am also using the "Push-Pull" setup.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im using the stock fan and an Antec fan @1600rpm. But i find that Intel Burn In puts out higher temps then Prime95. But so far, nothing higher than 62C

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,588 Posts
Yea they seem average. A lot of people keep saying they get like 55 degrees load with my chip (965be) with an h50, but mine were considerably higher because Im using 8gb of ram and need to jack the volts up a little bit to stable. i had good results switching my two corsair fans in push pull with a yate loon 2200 rpm high speed fan, and even better results with 2 of them, all be it a little louder, but not too bad. My load temps dropped around 4 or 5 degrees with the two fans on. theyre the best ones Ive used so far. Tried a shroud, but in my oppinion shrouds are useless, at least with those fans, and they genereate a lot of static pressure at 88cfm/2200rpm.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHEFFY! View Post
Alright so i got my I5 @ 3.8ghz @1.34 and my idle is 35C and with Intel Burn In under max settings i seem to max my temps at 62C. Do these temps seem fair? I currently am also using the "Push-Pull" setup.
what are you using to monitor temps?
are you talking about your CPU temp or your CORE temps?

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
That's pretty good, my i7 860 loads around 70c at 3.8ghz. You should be able to drop the voltage a bit, my i7 does 3.8ghz with 1.28v

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Might want to think about upgrading your fans to gentle typhoons, those fans really shine because of their great static pressure.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmageddon88 View Post
Yea they seem average. A lot of people keep saying they get like 55 degrees load with my chip (965be) with an h50,
Don't forget that temps mean nothing unless ambient is taken into consideration. Basically look at the cooling as AMBIENT + X and compare X values.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah my ambient temps are around 24-26 degrees. But yeah, eventually i'll get some higher speed fans. Also, that was my core temperature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts