Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got my new motherboard and formatted to avoid any weird driver issues.

Everything has gone amazingly smooth except for one little thing, every time i restart my PC the intel USB 3 driver wants to install itself again, i will hit run but nothing happens, the box just goes away.

In device manager there are no yellow exclamation points, so i have every driver installed on my PC that needs to be there.

The USB 3 driver that pops up is asking to install from my C drive, is this something i need to disable on windows startup?

I have an asus p8z77-v pro motherboard, and i got all the drivers off there website (excluding network, which i installed from CD).

·
Registered
425 Posts
You need to install USB 3.0 driver

There are drivers for USB 3.0 available for your Motherboard.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P8Z77V_PRO/#support_Download_30

I would also update Lan driver from Web-site so it is updated
also since all drivers as you know are not updated on install disc...

Enjoy your system
smile.gif

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely, i installed both the asmedia and intel ones, got them both from asus website on my motherboard page.

I just downloaded Ccleaner and on the "startup" tab that driver is listed in there, should i disable it?

Like i said everything in my device manager is good to go, no yellow exclamation points indicating something needs to be updated.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I not like that is popping up when windows starts...
I you want you can use CCleaner to disable startup,
but that does not fix the problem.

I would uninstall USB drivers and reinstall drivers USB 3.0.
Also when you install USB drivers do not have anything plugged into USB 3.0 ports
When updating only use USB 2.0 ports on back of motherboard...
Keyboard/Mouse only.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep keyboard was plugged into PS3 slot and mice was in USB 2 slot when i installed. Its just really weird because i have every USB driver installed, no idea what that thing on startup is. Im just gonna disable it for now in Ccleaner.

Other than that tho, this motherboard swap has went flawlessly : )

Just need windows updates to finish then its on to overclcocking! (main reason i got this board, and microcenter put wrong price on their website i got this board for 104.99 lol)

·
Registered
425 Posts
You said you had Keyboard plugged into USB 3.0 port when you did install. Unplug it and reinstall USB 3.0 drives..
"Yep keyboard was plugged into PS3 slot"
Fix the problem now before you have problems later. You just spent
a lot of money on your system, take the time a fix problem...
smile.gif

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
425 Posts
I still use PS2 keyboard and mouse on one of my computers.
I have had them 12 years....
thumb.gif

I looked at the PDF from the Asus web-site. Nice Board
thumb.gif

Do you use the Wi-Fi hotpot feature?
Great Price
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not yet but i plan to in the future, i didnt install the wifi adapter yet cause i play MMO's and its best to hardwire internet : )

And for the price i got crazy lucky, microcenter made a typo on their website lol. It was the third cheapest z77 motherboard on their website today, i got this for 20 dollars less than an asrock extreme 4 lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts