Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I was checking out used computers online and decided this is enough, after years and years of free and used computers given to me. Both of them breaking down, one the HD failed after I left it on for 5 years and the other got a trojan and I am just sick of these slow computers I cannot even play games on anymore let alone watch streaming video.
Not anymore! Until today I settled for old used technology, which currently is the dell optiplexgx620 with a weak a** 256mb or 512mb video and 1gz ram!
I AM DONE WITH YOU OLD CR*P! I been looking at the MARS II Vid card and the i7 Extreme hummm expensive buy worth it just to say I went all out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to OCN,sir.A great place to hang out and discuss OC'ing.My advice would be to build a pc on your own if you expect heavy-duty performance like gaming or something which is too unusual to be expected from "everyday" computers.Go ahead,we're with you.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
So you used used pcs for years and now you want to immediatly switch to a 3000$ system?
Just saying that for 800$ you can get a system that will run most games fine and still be a lot better than that Dell pc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cruise;15316223
Welcome to OCN,sir.A great place to hang out and discuss OC'ing.My advice would be to build a pc on your own if you expect heavy-duty performance like gaming or something which is too unusual to be expected from "everyday" computers.Go ahead,we're with you.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisaroth;15316357
So you used used pcs for years and now you want to immediatly switch to a 3000$ system?
Just saying that for 800$ you can get a system that will run most games fine and still be a lot better than that Dell pc.
Yup!
I just want something to be proud of and can show off! lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPower;15316764
Thanks!

Yup!
I just want something to be proud of and can show off! lol
money value in buying something doesn't mean it's showoff material.
I'd not buy anything if you haven't already and just sit and read some more before making any purchase, I think you're going about it all wrong and probably won't buy anything you've listed regardless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletsLikeBlades;15316860
money value in buying something doesn't mean it's showoff material.
I'd not buy anything if you haven't already and just sit and read some more before making any purchase, I think you're going about it all wrong and probably won't buy anything you've listed regardless.
Go shove it!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPower;15317950
Go shove it!
biggrin.gif
I think he is just trying to explain that it might be better to do a little research before you spend a ton of money on parts. "Go shove it" isn't really a great way to reply to people on here if you want continued advice/assistance. Unless it means something totally different these days.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EVILNOK
View Post

I think he is just trying to explain that it might be better to do a little research before you spend a ton of money on parts. "Go shove it" isn't really a great way to reply to people on here if you want continued advice/assistance. Unless it means something totally different these days.

It was a joke, of course this is online and I know exactly what I am getting into.
I had plenty of my friends tell me the same thing I seen in a few different places on the forum. They even tell me it's stupid blah blah blah. I heard it all before. Wait for the "blah" to come out in a few months, it will be outdated, you can use 2 other cards in SLI formation BLAH BLAH BLAH.They can take it any way they like and if I have the money to spend on something I like I will. I researched enough and I hear you all, but at the same time it makes we want it more. Just to say "Hey" I got it! lol I do not mind if it can be beaten by the newer 590 ect I just like the styling and limited edition packing. I am aware the drivers may be lacking and it's OC'ing potential is basically min and it's only a 1.5ghz instead of a 3 but who cares. I just like the package right out the box and most likely will just use it stock. I am not that into OC'ing but would like to build myself something "I" can be proud of, Everyone may have their opinions but I do not care, so the jump from a ***** computer can seem large to most of you but why not. If you knew what computer I had before this current one and the one before you would laugh more! " Shove it" in a nice way

Started with:
a Intel MMX 200mhz
then
P3 Copper 1ghz
now
P4 duo ht 2.9 dell optiplex620 1ghz ram
"all free" and mind you all of these computers I got after they came out 2-3 years. So i been playing with old tech for years and am happy enough. Some can appreciate it for what it is and some will just "hate" on it. I can accept both but can they accept my reply?
Time for me to pay the tech industry and put some of my money into making my stuff obsolete in the next few months but who cares, I will use it for years to come.

BTW If asus comes out with a dual 590 on a single slot, I would definitely buy it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Welcome to OCN. I think the guys on here are just trying to give you some friendly advice. I know speaking for myself, I got so sick of OEM machines I just ran out and really started buying things willie-nillie. Now I literally have a closet full of parts that I am unhappy with but stuck with, cause no-one else would want them either. Had I have been more patient and taken more time to do research, I could have saved myself hundreds of dollars and months of frustration. By doing your homework, and asking for some friendly advice from fellow members on this forum you can build an awesome machine, save a lot of time and money and it will be very educational as well. And like I said, I am speaking from experience. I wish I had done my homework.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPower
View Post

BTW If asus comes out with a dual 590 on a single slot, I would definitely buy it.

Not sure if srs...

You could maybe a single slot 6850?

Welcome to OCN and good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by z3r0_k00l75
View Post

Welcome to OCN. I think the guys on here are just trying to give you some friendly advice. I know speaking for myself, I got so sick of OEM machines I just ran out and really started buying things willie-nillie. Now I literally have a closet full of parts that I am unhappy with but stuck with, cause no-one else would want them either. Had I have been more patient and taken more time to do research, I could have saved myself hundreds of dollars and months of frustration. By doing your homework, and asking for some friendly advice from fellow members on this forum you can build an awesome machine, save a lot of time and money and it will be very educational as well. And like I said, I am speaking from experience. I wish I had done my homework.

Thanks and I understand, Just call me the grumpy old man

I do plenty of research but my reasons are different but if I do need help I will ask, Thanks.
I will be happy with it i'm sure regardless of what people say or know. I understand there are many other configurations out there that can be better, but my <3's set on this because I have somewhat of
"Baller Tenancies" like my friends always tell me. I waste money on things I like and if they look quality and gives me a lot of use, I will be happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by olliiee
View Post

Not sure if srs...

You could maybe a single slot 6850?

Welcome to OCN and good luck

Thanks, I'll stick with either one or maybe TWO Mars II

Let's just say my "Bonus" was very nice

·
Registered
199 Posts
that wasn't how I took go shove it .. but the smiley after had me confused so I held off on a response, that and I have been in ohio, just got back lol.

If you indeed have the funds, by all means get what you think will make you happy, that is all that matters in reality is that you're happy with your system. That is just one Expensive system and I wanted you to really make sure you didn't think you'd be just as happy with something cheaper/for less.

By no means meant to be negative, maybe my sugar was high that day and I came off wrong, I do apologize regardless. Best of luck with your system and if you need any help just post and ask and we will be happy to try and point you in the right direction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts