Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have this video card. Can I make it run faster? If so how?

ATI® Radeon® X300-based integrated graphics
Up to 128MB of shared video memory
PCI-Express® (PCI-E x16) slot available

It's integrated into my motherboard

Heres my whole set-up
It's an e machine (which I know suck)

specs are:
Processor: Intel® Celeron® D Processor 3521
(3.20GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache)

Memory:512MB DDR (1 Ã- 512MB) 400MHz (PC3200)
Expandable to 2GB. I upgraded another 512 for 1k total

Hard drive: 120GB (7200rpm, 2MB cache)3

Any other info I could supply? I want to get the top performance possible out of this. If there is a possiblility to make it run faster. It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
You cannot overclock an integrated video card, and you cannot overclock on a gateway/dell/hp motherboard. So, that computer is not at all overclockable.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Exactly what Retro said, there is NO Way you can overclock that PC because E Machines had locked up the bios (The screen you use to overclock in other words..) But there is only 1 thing you can do with intergraded graphics, and that is overclock its memory. it wont do much for you, maybe a frame in a small benchmark. You can somewhat overclock the CPU with SOFTWARE, but its not recommended because it has its stability problems.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
actually, a quick thought, what are the specs on your psu? You could give it a GPU Upgrade, as well as memory... but thats as far as it goes unfortunately. =(

·
Registered
310 Posts
get a 7600gt and a 350w psu if you dont have that much power already, this will boost your preformance compared to that x300,if this isnt possible get a x1600 from ati or this if you can get a 400w psu,http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102021 a x1800gto all good especially the x1800, and none of them cost taht much i hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hron

get a 7600gt and a 350w psu if you dont have that much power already, this will boost your preformance compared to that x300,if this isnt possible get a x1600 from ati or this if you can get a 400w psu,http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102021 a x1800gto all good especially the x1800, and none of them cost taht much i hope this helps.

I'm sure if he could afford them, he's have something newer..but obvs he can't...or doesn't want to buy something new..that's why he asked.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
First thing I would do is to switch that default motherboard and get a new one that can overclock your CPU. Then, just get another stick of 512mb RAM for a total of 1 gig and you're set to go. If you're an avid gamer, you might also consider a graphics card as well. I believe that Celeron can reach at least 3.5ghz on air with a new mobo.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wudaddy

First thing I would do is to switch that default motherboard and get a new one that can overclock your CPU. Then, just get another stick of 512mb RAM for a total of 1 gig and you're set to go. If you're an avid gamer, you might also consider a graphics card as well. I believe that Celeron can reach at least 3.5ghz on air with a new mobo.

it's an integrated card....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts