5,145 Posts
Nice and shiney! No before pics?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalman2785

Nice work, what grain papers? Also did you use an alumina micron solution to finish it?

I used, 400, 600, 1500, 2500. Not sure if what i used to finish it was that type of solution, just rubbed the snot out of it with a buffing compound.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymanhb

Nice and shiney! No before pics?

Ha, ya i didn't take one, was too excited to try it out i guess! Actually it didn't look as "rough" as i thought it was after i clean it off. So i didn't think it would be much. It looked about like the AC6 there before, a little more of a machine finish though.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastacator

I used, 400, 600, 1500, 2500. Not sure if what i used to finish it was that type of solution, just rubbed the snot out of it with a buffing compound.

Very nice lapping, usually the final solution for buffing is either an alumina or diamond micron solution. Definitely a great way to shave a few degrees of your cpu temp, good luck with the VGA cooler.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalman2785

Very nice lapping, usually the final solution for buffing is either an alumina or diamond micron solution. Definitely a great way to shave a few degrees of your cpu temp, good luck with the VGA cooler.

Thanks! Yeah, I put the stock cooler back on while I worked on it, and it read 52c for load! Put the "Freezer" back on after lapping and it dropped to 39c! Which is 2-3c better than before the lapping!! The VGA cooler isn't going to be easy though, it has pins in the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts