Overclock.net banner

Just lapped

626 8
Check it out!! Just lapped my Freezer 64 last night!! First time lappin', dropped my load temp 2c and idle temp 4c!
Attachment 19187

Attachment 19188

Next is the AC Silencer 6 for the 6600GT
Attachment 19189

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Nice and shiney! No before pics?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalman2785

Nice work, what grain papers? Also did you use an alumina micron solution to finish it?

I used, 400, 600, 1500, 2500. Not sure if what i used to finish it was that type of solution, just rubbed the snot out of it with a buffing compound.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymanhb

Nice and shiney! No before pics?

Ha, ya i didn't take one, was too excited to try it out i guess! Actually it didn't look as "rough" as i thought it was after i clean it off. So i didn't think it would be much. It looked about like the AC6 there before, a little more of a machine finish though.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastacator

I used, 400, 600, 1500, 2500. Not sure if what i used to finish it was that type of solution, just rubbed the snot out of it with a buffing compound.

Very nice lapping, usually the final solution for buffing is either an alumina or diamond micron solution. Definitely a great way to shave a few degrees of your cpu temp, good luck with the VGA cooler.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalman2785

Very nice lapping, usually the final solution for buffing is either an alumina or diamond micron solution. Definitely a great way to shave a few degrees of your cpu temp, good luck with the VGA cooler.

Thanks! Yeah, I put the stock cooler back on while I worked on it, and it read 52c for load! Put the "Freezer" back on after lapping and it dropped to 39c! Which is 2-3c better than before the lapping!! The VGA cooler isn't going to be easy though, it has pins in the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.