Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last BC2 game i was in i swear the M95 was dropping at like 15 feet but the GOL was going like 600 yards or more whats the deal with that?

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
yeah i noticed that too, m95 is a little sluggish compared to GOL or m24, GOl is the most accurate are out all of the sniper rifles.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by theblah View Post
GOL > all.

Definitely. I don't play sniper much but I over-adjust for bullet drop with the GOL.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Definitely. I don't play sniper much but I over-adjust for bullet drop with the GOL.

GOL + Red dot = win.
GOL + 4x = win.
GOL + regular scope = win.
GOL + 12x = win.

With a red dot its great for close quarters too

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

GOL + Red dot = win.
GOL + 4x = win.
GOL + 12x = win.

Yeah... I'm more of an AN-94 guy.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Quote:

GOL + Red dot = win.
GOL + 4x = win.
GOL + 12x = win.

I haven't played in probably 3 months but does the 12x actually do anything now? I went back to AA3 and haven't looked back :/

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i use the 12X scope and the spot scope help alot with rush mode on port veldez and conquest on nelson bay

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Bullet drop, with or without magnum ammo, is the same for all infantry weapons, including snipers (I tested it, and recent videos will show you this. This was not the case 4 months ago however).

The M95 is basically useless because it barely does more damage than other bolt action snipers, is much slower to reload or scope in.

The only "advantage" it has that it can damage light armor such as helicopters or humvees. And when I say damage it means it takes 14 shots with magnum ammo at point blank to destroy a helicopter. You basically have a better chance of sniping the pilot than destroying the chopper at long range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearMeansControl View Post
I haven't played in probably 3 months but does the 12x actually do anything now? I went back to AA3 and haven't looked back :/
It has always worked, not sure what you're talking about. At least it zooms more than the default scope.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearMeansControl View Post
I went back to AA3 and haven't looked back :/
That's surprising to hear. Last I checked that game is just riddled with bugs and was almost unplayable for me (like a few months ago).

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
yeah the only advantage the m95 has is it sounds cool. The scope doesn't stay still, it takes forever to rescope/reload and the tiny bit of extra damage is pointless.

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by calavera View Post
While GOL is arguably the best sniper rifle, I haven't used it since I got platinum with it. M-24 is my favorite now. 8 gold stars

my current favourite is the semi auto silent one with 10 rounds (lolwat forgot its name)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I find the SVU the best sniper in the game, precise enough at really long range, and when you learn its bulletdrop, it's really deadly...

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTC View Post
I find the SVU the best sniper in the game, precise enough at really long range, and when you learn its bulletdrop, it's really deadly...
that's the one. I actually tested it on Isla Innocentes in the second stage; shot from the defender's base (with stock scope) and hit a wooden post on the middle island. I thought it had terrible accuracy!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha View Post
that's the one. I actually tested it on Isla Innocentes in the second stage; shot from the defender's base (with stock scope) and hit a wooden post on the middle island. I thought it had terrible accuracy!
I use the 12x scope, and find the accuracy excellent though :S

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTC View Post
I use the 12x scope, and find the accuracy excellent though :S
yeah but i run outta ammo too quick
gotta use the extra ammo upgrade

1 - 20 of 57 Posts