Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now this is the audio question<br />
1) my first CAL match of CS:S. i attach my mic and it doesnt work. i push it in harder into the card to make sure it is plugged in. all of a sudden my comp freezes and restarts, then i have no audio...i did everything. i had disabled mobo audio for the card i had and all of a sudden found new hardware trying ot install mobo video . i cancel go to device manager and see that my sound card doesnt show up i try reinstalling driver saysx no PCI card so driver need not be install<br />
***!!<br />
i saw the PCI card in the slot fully and pushed it in a little more to make sure it was in the slot <br />
restart<br />
no difference<br />
everyttihgn else works,,,the sound card is not recognized althoigh it is in the PCI card slot<br />
needless to say my clan lost and i was second best on my team....at 1-15 (4-15 someone, 0-15 rest of clan)<br />
yeah im pissed

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
try a different PCI slot

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
Do you have another PCI card you can throw in? Maybe the slot is fried, or try the card in another PC.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i fund out that that match was just practice WOOT!<br />
and that the other team forfeit for tomorrow which was teh real match because his steamID was missing 3 numbers<br />
so yeah i gogt a week to figure it out

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I have had the same thing happen to me in a CAL match actually. My mic broke the day before the match and I had to play without one. The one difference is that we won. I know how much it sucks to have that happen. If you can't get it figured out try reabling your onboard sound and just using that mic port. I know it sucks to have to play competatively with non-surround onboard sound but it is good to have a back-up plan.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well if it is the slot, if i interchange my wlan and sound cards is there a chance ill burn out the wlan card in the sound cards slot? if how how the f*** do i test<br />
my only speakers are 5.1 so i need the card<br />
ALSO do you think it was teh pushing in of the microphone connector

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>amd_hardsoftware</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">is it the slot or the card? gimme your vote</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
you've got to test it to find out. no one here can tell you. try your card in another computer and try another card in your computer... then you'll know

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>amd_hardsoftware</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">BUT IF ITS THE slot and i try another card, will that burn out?</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Hmm....now that is a good question. Do you have any cheap NIC's around? Try one of those. Or just try your sound card in another machine, as that has a lesser chance of buring the board.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts