Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first build with water cooling, so I am a little skeptical and cautious, as well as excited. I am thinking about getting the Thermaltake CLW0211 Bigwater 760 as I am a huge fan of thermaltake, and was also considering the Corsair H80 due to limited space for the radiator and fans in my case.

So my questions are:
What beginner water cooling system would you recommend? (or novice whatever it may be)
I really like the Thermaltake CLW0211 Bigwater 760, what do you think about this? I think that the bay drives being used by this adds coolness, functionality, and helps with the space in my case.
What about the performance on this cooler?

Just to give you an idea of my system:
i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz
Thermaltake Element G case
EVGA GTX 560 Ti overclocked @ 960MHz

Due to this case being a mid sized, I would like something that would fit inside of my case, therefore this particular thermaltake cooler with a single fan that mounts in the drive bays is premium. But what would you recommend?

I appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Truthfully I like the corsair line, particularly the H100 and H60. Though for that case your prolly looking at the 60.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i have a thermaltake contac 29 (i believe, it looks just like that one) and it keeps my processor @ 60c (max) on max load through prime95. I want to experiment with water cooling, and am thinking about pushing my core further as well. If you disagree with the purchase on this water system, what would you recommend?

I would like to stay away from custom loops as well, I dont think that I have the knowlege yet nor the proper sized case for that yet lol!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and haha, that is actually the exact one that i have. i thought it was thermaltake for some reason. derp.
what about water cooling?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hyper212 like that other guy said for air cooling, or an Corsair h100 for watercooling.
smile.gif
Can't go wrong with either products!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts