1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it will arive here in about 8-10days
stupid weekend
and a gigabit 585w psu

so what can i asspect from it with my c2d 2.66?
i will upgrade to a quad core 9550 maby in 1-2mounths
i get about 250$ a mounth from my job (only work 4times a mounth)

and i have to get win7 now i guess to get dx11 fully

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackdemon View Post
it will arive here in about 8-10days
stupid weekend
and a gigabit 585w psu

so what can i asspect from it with my c2d 2.66?
i get about 250$ a mounth from my job (only work 4times a mounth)

and i have to get win7 now i guess to get dx11 fully

I'd be interested to see how you get on seeing as I'm thinking of getting one of those and we have similar CPUs. Which make is yours?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congratulations! One step at a time and you'll be on your way! Im sure you will notice quite a change dx11 or not. The difference between Dx11 and 10 would be so subtle on your setup... To really unlock the mid-range power of the 460 you will want the upgrades you mention + a few, but all in all, you will see a very noticeable jump from the 9500

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Quote:

a e7300 2.66ghz 3mb

if i get it will do some benchys on crysis and gta iv
Woops, I meant to ask which model your graphics card is

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabreknight View Post
Congratulations! One step at a time and you'll be on your way! Im sure you will notice quite a change dx11 or not. The difference between Dx11 and 10 would be so subtle on your setup... To really unlock the mid-range power of the 460 you will want the upgrades you mention + a few, but all in all, you will see a very noticeable jump from the 9500
What if he's only on XP at the moment? Then it'll be a jump from DX9 to DX11

·
Registered
253 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ellisbodds View Post
Woops, I meant to ask which model your graphics card is

What if he's only on XP at the moment? Then it'll be a jump from DX9 to DX11

lol Then he will definitely notice a difference by the time hes able to make a few upgrades, more DX11 stuff should be out by then!

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabreknight View Post
lol Then he will definitely notice a difference by the time hes able to make a few upgrades, more DX11 stuff should be out by then!
Indeed

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

You'll probably find that this is cost prohibitive. I wanted to do the same thing, but the Q9550 is ridiculously overpriced and hard to find. I found it was cheaper to ditch 775 and buy an AM3 mb with a PHII 955. Just an fyi, there was a PHII 955 with a DFI 790fx for sale today for $145.
I paid less for my MSI 790fx with an AMD PHII 955 than it would've cost to buy just the Q9550. I sold my 775 mb and dual core, so the entire upgrade only cost me $40

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472 View Post
You'll probably find that this is cost prohibitive. I wanted to do the same thing, but the Q9550 is ridiculously overpriced and hard to find. I found it was cheaper to ditch 775 and buy an AM3 mb with a PHII 955. Just an fyi, there was a PHII 955 with a DFI 790fx for sale today for $145.
I paid less for my MSI 790fx with an AMD PHII 955 than it would've cost to buy just the Q9550. I sold my 775 mb and dual core, so the entire upgrade only cost me $40

Were you using DDR3 RAM with your S775 mobo then? Barely any motherboards support it...

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ellisbodds View Post
Were you using DDR3 RAM with your S775 mobo then? Barely any motherboards support it...
No, but I sold my DDR2 to a friend for roughly the same price as the DDR3. Pricing on both are roughly equal. I bought my 4gb set for $75 from the Egg and I sold my G Skill for $70.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472 View Post
No, but I sold my DDR2 to a friend for roughly the same price as the DDR3. Pricing on both are roughly equal. I bought my 4gb set for $75 from the Egg and I sold my G Skill for $70.
Ah right. It's something I'm considering doing in the future

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just made the banking payment

and its a club3d 460 the cheapest cuz south africa is expensife with there tech

i can get a i5 2.8 8mb + mobo (1156) for the same price as the Q9650 3ghz (12MB)/Q9550 2.8Ghz(12mb)
and then i need to get ddr3 ram thtat will cost me more to so
i can oc my ram and get the q9550 and work out cheaper here
cant w8

1 - 13 of 13 Posts