Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait to see the performance on these drives. I've been seeing alot of benches with 4x of these in RAID 0, and hopefully I'll be short stroking them too.

I paid €183 shipped from Amazon.co.uk.

Think I made the right purchase?

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SerenityKill3r
View Post

Think I made the right purchase?

Honestly? No.

A 40GB SSD and a 1TB drive would give a faster, more responsive system for similar money.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_beast
View Post

Honestly? No.

A 40GB SSD and a 1TB drive would give a faster, more responsive system for similar money.

This

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
RAID0 does not help access time.... just sequential. Access time and IOPs is what you want for an OS.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

View Post

Honestly? No.

Sadly, not where I live.

I plan on getting an SSD when they come down in price, but right now I needed a balance between speed and space.

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
€183 ~ £165

In the UK, a 40GB Intel X25-V SSD costs around £95
A 1TB Spinpoint F3 costs around £60

Now I can't believe that there isn't a website in the UK that won't ship to Ireland for reasonable money...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

View Post

€183 ~ £165

In the UK, a 40GB Intel X25-V SSD costs around £95
A 1TB Spinpoint F3 costs around £60

Now I can't believe that there isn't a website in the UK that won't ship to Ireland for reasonable money...

Shipping at most places is £15-25.

But like I said, I plan to get an SSD down the road when they get cheaper. I especially want to wait until larger sizes come down in price (Would love 2x 80GB in RAID 0).

The truth of the matter is I don't need SSD right now, and even when I do get an SSD, having 4 500GB drives in RAID 0 will be handy. The main reason I posted this was to see if I made a right choice with the Hard Drives (Versus other brand mechanical hard drives).

I will thank you for your advice though guys, but SSDs won't do what I need them for right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts