Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently it is a custom 62mm unit with a Qcmax of 417w at 24 volts and 28.5amps
that means you can ditch SE-600-24's out the window we are up to SE-1000-24 now !!! $200 PSU.

They said "Expect the device within 6 weeks. There is no pricing information at this time." Hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Gotta link to this bad boy?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Gotta link to this bad boy?
No just a company announcement by Gabe on XS.

If the 6500 is anything to go by it will be $200+ then $200+ for the PSU.....

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zipdogso View Post
Apparently it is a custom 62mm unit with a Qcmax of 417w at 24 volts and 28.5amps
that means you can ditch SE-600-24's out the window we are up to SE-1000-24 now !!! $200 PSU.

They said "Expect the device within 6 weeks. There is no pricing information at this time." Hmmmmm
Is it really a 28 amp TEC or are they doing the 27/50C rating game on it?

If not that's a big TEC..
..My 437W gets it so hot in here during the Summer I cant stand it, thats with central AC and I put a 12,000BTU in the window to.

I'd be tempted but I need to set my Chilly1 up.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k View Post
Is it really a 28 amp TEC or are they doing the 27/50C rating game on it?

If not that's a big TEC..
..My 437W gets it so hot in here during the Summer I cant stand it, thats with central AC and I put a 12,000BTU in the window to.

I'd be tempted but I need to set my Chilly1 up.
Well they quoted it right for the 6500

and apparently it is a custom 62mm unit....we shall see !

EDIT- I dropped a hint well see...

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Thanks for the link. Yeah that might just be another 300 something watt TEC rated at a hot side 50C instead of 27C.

Like you said we'll see.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by whe3ls View Post
you should include the link.
I lost it in the heat of the mo' and it doesn't really say anything anyway. It's only a company announcement - slick pic but its only a render and doesn't look a million miles different to a 6500.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whe3ls View Post
its meant for I7
Sorry didn't I put that in the title ?

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
why that? they're only connected to the hot side of the block if i look at that render, so they wont be cold enough to cause condensation, while the bolts on the coldside are inside the insulation.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape
View Post

why that? they're only connected to the hot side of the block if i look at that render, so they wont be cold enough to cause condensation, while the bolts on the coldside are inside the insulation.

Never mind the bolts...this thing will cause condensation galore.

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zipdogso
View Post

Never mind the bolts...this thing will cause condensation galore.

well hurrrr you're supposed to add insulation of your own.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
It should come with a insulation kit for the block, they do with the little 226W anyway.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
bolts like this transfer heat between the hot and cold sides decreasing efficiency

i actually think this block is pointless .. it's way behind the times .. sure you'll get good temps at stock voltages and clocks, but who cares. it'll struggle to cool a 280 watt i7

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
i doubt the bolts would do much lol, the total crosssection area is small, and steel's thermal conductivity is only 40, compared to copper's ~400. its already an insulator.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is the latest on these TEC's for the MCW7000-T (He hasn't answered my PM.)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...5&postcount=21

It appears he was quoting manufacturers stats but still doesn't say if they are 27º or 50º

In some respects his post is somewhat cryptic...why have had TEC custom built without first considering how they were going to power them ???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts