1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,956 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,942 Posts
It'll work fine. Those sticks should overclock fairly well too. 1866, maybe even 2133. I say get them. Plus they match the colors on your board, always an added bonus.
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post

Will It work? Yes. But, get your self something faster. Like 2133.
Don't know if I will go that fast but will look into the 1866 set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post

It'll work fine. Those sticks should overclock fairly well too. 1866, maybe even 2133. I say get them. Plus they match the colors on your board, always an added bonus.
smile.gif
Agreed with the colors and I think I will get the 1866 set.

Thanks both of you for answering so fast!

·
Premium Member
15,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergolfer View Post

Short and sweet:
i5 2500K
Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
with this ram
G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory
Yes, No, Suggestions? Take the poll, if answered No please give me a different kind below.
Thanks and have a nice day
thumb.gif
Get them, G.Skill are a great company with quality RAM and great CS. 1600Mhz is all you need tho you should be able to atleast get them to 1866 depending on your enviroment. I love my RipjawsX 1600 CL8 blue model.
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriz View Post

Get em! I have the regular G Skill ripjaws (not "sandy bridge certified" or whatever, but still work great)
Ripjaws is awesome ram.
the only real difference between the Ripjaws and the RipjawsX series is that the X series supports intels XMP profiles
thumb.gif

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

Get them, G.Skill are a great company with quality RAM and great CS. 1600Mhz is all you need tho you should be able to atleast get them to 1866 depending on your enviroment. I love my RipjawsX 1600 CL8 blue model.
smile.gif

the only real difference between the Ripjaws and the RipjawsX series is that the X series supports intels XMP profiles
thumb.gif
Yep. Although my regular Ripjaws work flawlessly in XMP =]

·
Registered
2 Posts
HOnestly I think if you find lower-end 8 GB set that is cheaper you are best off saving 10 or 20 bucks and putting it into upgrades that have a bigger effect on performance.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
XMP Not neccesary though, not if your a real overclocker.

XMP is great though for people who look at todays BIOS and is like, BCLK Whaaat? lol

But anyway, dont bother spending for higher clocked ram, when you know that ther eis a high probability that those sticks, are the same, as the expensive sticks (just not overclocked lol)

They do look decent and fit your design - Otherwise get Mushkin RedLine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts