241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822
View Post

omg pentiumDs what a fail, two power hungry P4s on one die hahahaha

Could have been even more of a fail. Just imagine a PentiumQ!!! You would need a DICE set up just to keep the load temps under 60C.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Strawberry~
View Post

Why is everybody raging at sandybridge overclocking? it kicks the crap out of any other modern chip at overclocking.

deal with it.

Envy?

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Strawberry~;12030279
Why is everybody raging at sandybridge overclocking? it kicks the crap out of any other modern chip at overclocking.

deal with it.
OK "Strawberry" .
rolleyes.gif

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprcynic;12009152
If I really wanted an OC challenge I'd break out the pentiums and athlons, not a 1366 rig. 1366 is pretty much dumbed down just not as much as 1155
yeah, you got a point, to a certain point. I like to think of the LGA 1366 as more of an evolutionary pinnacle rather than an oversimplified kid's starter system like Sandy Bridge. The 1366 still makes you "do the work" for a solid overclock. But you got to hand it to the i7 9xx chips, they can take the punishment like it's nobody's business. the Sandy Bridge chips are a bit too dainty if you ask me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by session_user
View Post

It's going to have to be up to AMD to give the real overclockers some red meat to gnaw on around the fire.

ARRGHH!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

So, does this mean that when my Sandy Bridge platform gear arrives and it becomes my primary rig that I have to relinquish my Man-card?

....Imma not even sure what the card looks like. How am I gonna surrender something that I can't identify?

No worries. It is well known that flogging an Italian dressed in exclusive carbon grants you a lifetime membership to the 'man club'. Feel free to attend social gatherings in drag with immunity.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by supaspoon
View Post

No worries. It is well known that flogging an Italian dressed in exclusive carbon grants you a lifetime membership to the 'man club'. Feel free to attend social gatherings in drag with immunity.

WooHoo!

... I sure do love my carbon-clad Ducati.

...now where is my favorite dress?

241 - 246 of 246 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.