Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Wouldn't have mattered anyway, EEs suck
They cost 80% more and are, at best, 6% faster, even you Intel guys have to agree with me that has to be the biggest waste of money ever.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E means Prescott? Whoops!

Oh well, I always thought it meant extreme. The 3.0 is still considerably faster than my current 2.4, so it wasn't a bad buy for me.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

They cost 80% more and are, at best, 6% faster, even you Intel guys have to agree with me that has to be the biggest waste of money ever.

Ya, The increase in performance isn't worth the cost... but you would think that having 2megs of L2 would help out... maybe once you've overclocked it to the max... you might see a difference...

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Yup, I agree, I would never ever buy one of those. I would use it if someone gave it to me, but that's about it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Yup, I agree, I would never ever buy one of those. I would use it if someone gave it to me, but that's about it.

A 3.0GHz EE for $190 would be worth it.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I would get the 3.7Ghz version if i was very wealthy. In benchmarks i've seen, they score lower than the normal P4's in video and audio and stuff. They only get a little bit more performance in games.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
id take a EE willingfully, but i agree that it is big waste of money. u just OC a regular prescott a bit and itll beat the EE

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

lol I said the exact same thing about FX chips. Now way in hell I'd ever BUY one, even if I had the money, but if I won it or if someone gave it to me I'd be happy to use it

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
but FX are alot better for price to performance, like 20% better then a normal A64, whereas a EE just is the same as a normal pressy...thats not worth the extra 500$, whereas the FX is worth 200$ more for the performance it gives

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well depends on which Athlon 64 you compare it to... An FX is considerably better than a NewCastle or Winchester because of the 1MB of L2, but against a ClawHammer there's little to no difference since the dual channel memory provides almost no benefit, then you just overclock the memory on the S754 ClawHammer and it's just as fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts