Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I thought I was FINALLY able to upgrade to the best card out there (the X800XT PE)...I find that ATI has the X850XT PE out and about...*** lol

Just my luck. The good news is that the 850 is a midly overclocked version of the x800xt pe.

Some games have shown a slight improvement over the XT PE, while others show minimal improvements.

Nothing a little OVERCLOCKING can't cure.

You can choose to keep your current version Cat drivers, and download the New Control Center, or you can choose to download the new 4.12 cats that include the new control center.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
i have the same issue. I bought mine 4 weeks ago and haven't even used it yet so i will never use the highest end card until my next new computer. I think it's pretty crap the X850 was released actually. Do you know how hard that card will be to find in shops. the X800 and X850 series now has combined total of let me count, there the X800 LE, XT PE, XT, Pro, Pro vivo and plain X800. The X850 has all the same i'm pretty sure. if so that's a total of 10 different cards. ATI with cards is like AMD with sockets.

·
Registered
120 Posts
X850 is not too technology advanced than X800. It's just slightly overclocked. But the chip in X850 (R480) is the last spin of the old design. The new R520 to be released in spring will be a totally new generation. X850 also serves to help relieve the shortage problem of X800. It also helps further trumps the leadership in speed from nVidia

1 - 3 of 3 Posts