Overclock.net banner

which headphones

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v been considering these two with a zalman mic for about a month now, and im hearing good things on both of them. im on a budget, and want to get the most possible for the least possible.

i would mainly game on them, but use them for music from time to time.

the hd201's are about $15 cheaper so i would expect them to have worse sound quality, but is it a $15 difference. would i notice it that much worse?thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
RX700, man. The HD201s were largely disappointing when I first got them, clear but relatively hard to drive and quite boring in fact.

The RX900s were amazing.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
RX700, or GEETEEEFFO.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I know this is a necro, but I've heard the RX700s are pretty uncomfortable. This is important to me, since I find the Senn 280 Pros to be unbearable after about an hour. How do they compare?

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn View Post
I know this is a necro, but I've heard the RX700s are pretty uncomfortable. This is important to me, since I find the Senn 280 Pros to be unbearable after about an hour. How do they compare?
They're similarly closed. It may be worse for some people than others. I don't use my closed headphones much during the summer.

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
I have the HD 202',s and they are quite boomy, but also with good mids and highs

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster
View Post

Boomy typically means the bass is drowning out at least some significant portion of the other frequencies. Your statement is contradictory, and you should sample more headphones.

At ease, soldier!
Well I will get a chance to sample more cans, when I feel the need to. I am quite happy with my budget set of cans for now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts