Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got em today, did the Kramer mod. Love em', there is only one downside so far, after about 15 minutes of them in my ear, my ears start to ITCH and hurt and get sore. It feels like they are stretching my ears open. Do I need to just wear em for a while and break my ears in, or what can I do to fix this?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by PathogenX View Post
are those any good for metal? especially death metal?

LOL, so funny you would ask. I listen to death metal with them, I like it so far.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster View Post
They only come with one size of eartip. My recommendation is that you go for some Comply T500. Comply tips are the only tips that I use.
They come with the stock ones on them, and the ones in the case which are a little bit bigger.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Interesting. They now have two sizes of eartips with the Marshmallow? Back in the FX33 days, they included a spare set but it was the same size and that most definitely got painful after an hour or two. I don't recall that pain ever going away because the nozzles on the Marshmallow are so big in diameter. I've had two JVC earphone products and both are similar in that they try to expand my ear canal.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends some inner hurt, some don't.

They aren't really smaller, just different shaped. I'm trying them now, they seem a bit better.

EDIT: They are starting to hurt!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put the other pair of sleeves on that came in the box. This seems to help with the pain a LOT.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
As far as the itching goes, you might want to give your ears a good cleaning with water and soap. The marshmallow tips might be rubbing up against dead skin in your ear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts