Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://kotaku.com/5662886/gran-turis...holiday-season

Quote:
We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.
We'll have more information for you in the near future.2, but said that it will be coming this "holiday season.

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
I'm actually not pissed.

It's been delayed over and over anyway, plus I'm going to be more than busy enough with New Vegas in the interim

Let them work out whatever bugs and last minute touches they wanna do.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Another delay? This is turning into the Duke Nukem Forever of racing games. Since GT4 was released we've had THREE high quality, AAA games from Turn10, and GT5 still isn't out. Poly is quickly solidifying its title as the laziest developer in the industry.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marafice eye View Post
saw it coming a mile away. When they officially announced nov, my first thought was "we'll see."
+1

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMallory View Post
This is turning into the Duke Nukem Forever of racing games.
Hah, that was my first thought as well.
Oh well, now I can put off buying a PS3 until receive holiday bonus

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beers View Post
Hah, that was my first thought as well.
Oh well, now I can put off buying a PS3 until receive holiday bonus

This ^^ lol.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Not surprised, works for me. I have cod: black ops preordered for nov 9th. I can keep busy with that, I wouldn't like having 2 new videogames

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Bad news, but good news at the same time.

Now I won't make my wife mad by buying a ps3 right before the holidays. I can make her buy it for me as a gift instead

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Wow, some of the responses in this thread are alarming. This game was supposed to be out a year or two ago and people think it's fine just because another video game is coming out in the meantime? How does an FPS satisfy your sim racing needs? Poor excuses.

Using the "well I have ______ to play" logic, this game could get delayed until the end of time and people wouldn't have a problem with it

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Minecraft update would've come out only 3 days before GT5, so I wouldn't have been playing GT5 anyway. Maybe now I'll have enough time to burn out on Minecraft before this game comes out.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sony better be careful or they will have to deal with the shame of Duke Nukem Forever coming out before GT5.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Quote:

Another delay? This is turning into the Duke Nukem Forever of racing games. Since GT4 was released we've had THREE high quality, AAA games from Turn10, and GT5 still isn't out. Poly is quickly solidifying its title as the laziest developer in the industry.
I'll laugh when Forza 4 kicks GT5's ass.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
doesnt surprise me at all lol
Now I can enjoy playing other games while waiting for the damn **** to release...

but if that delay gets delayed to next year....then i will give a big WTEFFFF shout..

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoTMaXPoWeR View Post
I'll laugh when Forza 4 kicks GT5's ass.

Seriously. The original Forza wiped the floor with GT4, and we haven't seen a GT game since. Yet Turn10 churned out two award-winning sequels while Poly was dicking around.

Though this isn't exactly new...I remember Poly delaying GT4 a year to add online play...and it shipped with a photomode instead

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Quote:

Seriously. The original Forza wiped the floor with GT4, and we haven't seen a GT game since. Yet Turn10 churned out two award-winning sequels while Poly was dicking around.

Though this isn't exactly new...I remember Poly delaying GT4 a year to add online play...and it shipped with a photomode instead

Lol. In comparison it actually makes Polyphony look like a bunch of time wasters. What can they honestly want to delay a game so many times for? Is it half finished? Do they only have one developer?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoTMaXPoWeR View Post
Lol. In comparison it actually makes Polyphony look like a bunch of time wasters. What can they honestly want to delay a game so many times for? Is it half finished? Do they only have one developer?
I think their latest excuse was to "add damage", which they claimed they would only do if it was "done correctly". This is the result...

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Quote:

I think their latest excuse was to "add damage", which they claimed they would only do if it was "done correctly". This is the result...

That damage modeling, if that is GT5, is horrible.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benladesh View Post
Not surprised, works for me. I have cod: black ops preordered for nov 9th. I can keep busy with that, I wouldn't like having 2 new videogames
Go study or the Textbook Hammer will get you.

On Topic:
My reaction......SCREW GT5 HOLY CRAP. HOW MANY YEARS?!?!??!?!?!?!

/sarcasm

1 - 20 of 113 Posts