Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this board, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with it not booting?

This is exactly what happens.

Push the Power button,
all fans, monitor, disk drives, vid card turn on
but no boot.

Try again, might work
Try again might work
Try again probably works. and boots, runs fine.

But with error at Windows Welcome Screen sometimes, saying a registry file was recovered.

Any one know what this is, or if there is anything i can do to fix it?
Maybe Flash bios to updated one, though i think it is the updated one....

any help is very welcome!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um... ok i don't know maybe i'm doing something wrong...

but now when i go to re-format it says i don't have a hard-disk attached... to the computer... now obviously i do or i wouldn't be typing this from the same computer...

it' is a SATA drive, is there some patch i have to download to have windows recogize me drive?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chipset drivers? yea i think there all there but i'll check

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done everything updated bios, installed every driver there is, and still no luck reformatting. i might go try someone else's CD and see if maybe it's the CD that not working properly.

anyways good night

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by natureca

I've done everything updated bios, installed every driver there is, and still no luck reformatting. i might go try someone else's CD and see if maybe it's the CD that not working properly.

anyways good night

I second the checking bios for a SATA option, make sure its enabled.

You also have to press F6 when installing windows because you will need the 3rd party drivers (Sata drivers) to be installed prior to windows. So find the floppy or what have you for the SATA drivers, and use that floppy when windows tells you to.

Windows will tell you when to use the F6 key.

·
Registered
61 Posts
K there are a couple things you need to do. First you need to make sure you SATA is enabled in bios, and if you only have one HD, that it is set to IDE mode instead of raid. Second you need the boot disk for the SATA drivers. When you install windows, make sure to push F6 to load scsi drivers for your hd, it well then ask you to specify drivers, insert disk, and select the XP (assuming thats your OS) promise driver. Continue with your install. everything should be good from here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey peeps i also have a problem wit my k8v mobo.... when i change settings like my agp settings and others my comp does not reboot. i have no clue why it does this... i also need help on how to install or update my bios soo if u know how please help me thanx

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well guys the motherboard was really messed, up i got the thing to install but then it had so many blue screen errors it wouldn't let me enter windows, and the problem with not starting was always there.

SO i got a DFI lanparty UT and i love it! soooo many things to do with this board... now i wait for my new HSF.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killacamaro

hey peeps i also have a problem wit my k8v mobo.... when i change settings like my agp settings and others my comp does not reboot. i have no clue why it does this... i also need help on how to install or update my bios soo if u know how please help me thanx

well the latest bios is 1008.008 from asus. so download it to a blank floppy and rename it to k8v.rom, put it in your computer, then start you computer and push alt+F2 during post. BIOS recovery will start, if the disk and the file is found the BIOS will be flashed and the computer rebooted. once you reboot you might have to put in your BIOS settingd

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Put one together at weekend. Had the same problem of a quick blue screen and then a reboot. It say's the registry had a problem and had to go back to an old one. The machine can re-boot and work perfectly but when switched on same thing.

The solution is a beta version of the bios from Asus dated last week. Everything is fine now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts