Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'll start by saying that I am verrrrry new to all this. I I have read all the guides I could find on this site and many of the links posted to help me along this journey. I have learned a few things already. One being I should have come here first BEFORE I bought this mobo. LOL. I will need to upgrade from stock cooling. Turn OFF the cool and quiet.
I have been bouncing back and forth from bios to wimxp (printer is out of ink,printing out guides) to attempt to figure out what settings are what in the bios.
I have only changed the HTT (I believe?) to the max that the bios will allow. And I'm running prime95. I took some captures to post and since starting this post the cpu temp is jumping from 52 to 53.
I have read (from doing a search) some of the suggested settings but like a few other noobs here I am still alittle confussed. Any next setting changes suggested would be appreciated. Keeping in mind I need to take baby steps while I get a handle on this.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well, if your temps are already in the upper 50s you need better cooling, and if the max HTT setting you have is 215, you've got other problems

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanx for responding. If it helps I have made no other changes in the bios. I did fool around with settings and did see that some settings opened up more options. Thats why I mentioned about the htt thing. I thought that maybe I needed to change a setting to get this to expand further

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
not sure about that board, it's pretty new, but it does seem highly unlikely 215 is the max HTT cause most boards have 300+ There's not much you should do in terms of overclocking until you can get those temps down, so you should start looking at heatsinks. I have a Thermalright XP-120 but it's a little on the big side and may not fit on your board, so you might also want to look at a Thermalright XP-90
On my board I had to turn Cool 'n' Quiet on to access voltage and multiplier adjustments on the first couple of BIOS revisions, so the best I can tell you is to try some different things, just don't turn the voltage up more than .025volts without a new heatsink yet
And just incase you'll be in the market for a new board any time soon, the DFI LANParty UT nf3-250GB is the single best Athlon 64 overclock board on the market

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx I'll keep on plugin at it but not untill I upgrade the cooling. There is a local shop that sells the hest sink you suggested .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts