Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When folding on my dedicated folding rig which is a q8400, 4 gigs ddr3 1333 crucial ram, and a gtx 260 c216. I keep getting eue limit reached each after completing one wu. this is every time i restart the machine or the client. the 260 is at stock clocks and fresh from rma never over clocked. I am using the standard client the one with the sys tray icon and the viewer attached even though I never use it.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
What drivers are you using? what flags do you have it set to?
All my EUE problems stopped after i installed 196.34 and set the vga to -gpu 0 only! if that does not help try reinstall the GPU client. Pay attention to Machine ID number to and set it to slightly higher

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using 196.21 i have machine id set to 5 since i7 is 1 first gtx 285 is 2, second gtx 285 is 3, q8400 is 4

Also have no flag on that one.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
For 2 card's in folding set 1st flag to -gpu 0 and second one to -gpu 1 -forcegpu nvidia_g80 ( so you do not need to sue dummy plug ir extend monitors and force the card to load anyway ) It is kind of a strugle to put the 2 OK but once its done you are set

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpcCdr
View Post

^^ This is solid advice
best bet is to do a clean sweep and follow this

Yup ZODAC is the master very good guide indeed

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpcCdr
View Post

^^ This is solid advice
best bet is to do a clean sweep and follow this

better get it sorted by noon wednesday!

Cheers & Fold On

not to worried if it is actually something wrong with the card as i still have a q8400, 2 gtx 285's, and a i7 bigadv folding.

But that is the guide I used to set it up

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Also try to delete the work folder queue and log file assuming you have 2 folders well set up for each card. Sometimes the most basic and unlikely thing is the key. Check and recheck all. In my case it solved my issue with EUE

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This isn't for my main rig that is working fine it is for my dedicated folding machine with a q8400 and a gtx 260 c216

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Some cards just hate folding....

Anyhow, just try a full re-imaging (or reinstall, if you didn't create a clean image), and see if the problem... goes away.

And machine ID only matter on the same machine. On different machines, it can start from the beginning, all over again (that is how some people have beastly folding farms).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay i deleted everything related to gpu folding on that machine and reinstalled lets see if it fixes is the issues. Also is HFM.net it shows all my gpu clients green but my q8400 status is yellow and what it says is runningnoframetimes. What does this mean?

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by keitare
View Post

okay i deleted everything related to gpu folding on that machine and reinstalled lets see if it fixes is the issues. Also is HFM.net it shows all my gpu clients green but my q8400 status is yellow and what it says is runningnoframetimes. What does this mean?

once it gets to the third (recorded) frame, HFM will calculate the "accurate" ppd count, and the status will turn green.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Again after reinstalling and following the guide after completing one wu it EUE limit exceeded. Pausing 24 hours.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ablearcher
View Post

-gpu 0 -verbosity 9 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

First GPU | verbose log files | use GPU type nVidia Tesla (g80 and gt200 are both tesla, next one is Fermi).

That doesn't work at all now it automatically fails not after the first wu

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
hummm this is very weird... did you change drivers? there are some that just give eue like 197.xx and 186.18 that i know of..

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Is the card OC's at all? If so, drop the clocks a bit and see if that helps. The OC on the Q8200 might also be a bit to much, so maybe drop that by a couple hundred Mhz while you're at it too.

Some of the older drivers might help if the newer ones are giving you difficulty. The early 190s, or 185s work for nearly everyone, so give them a try.

PS, looks like you passed me yesterday Cy.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Zodac yup always in the name of folding
but i got scared by that Interpolation guy it showed up from i dont know were with 70k points almost got me, since i had some problems with the CPU wu but i am fixed now had to drop 50MHz on the CPU the heat is starting to get in my room outside temp is like 24/25ºc

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is no overclock on the 260 or on the q8400 but I will try drivers hear in a minute

EDIT: I think I have it figured out so far it has completed one and advanced to another instead of finishing one then eue like last time. But I went back to 185 drivers and i added the -gpu 0 tag and on my smp client i switched it from just -smp to -smp 3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts