Overclock.net banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
idk, but USB will supply enough power, but i'm not too sure if it'll supply too much, that's the thing...and then it'll spike a port, and you'll fry your board.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*
i guess i could do that, but is it safe? would it explode the batteries?
The EL wire is 12 volts right? That's only 8 batteries, or you could pick up some of the 3 volt lithium batteries and use 4 of them. Hell, if you wanted to get real into it and be wireless, find a 12 volt transformer from an old cellphone or diskman, get a female plug that fits it from radioshack, wire some rechargeable batteries and the plug inside the keyboard and you could have rechargeable EL lighting for your cordless keyboard.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i may have to try this mod... i have already repainted my keyboard, and i have some EL laying around... so i think ill give it a try one day when im bored... great mod!

do you know if its possible to pwer the EL from the keyboards power source?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Acutally i don't know but i really would like to do that. I don't know about the E.L wire from Xoxide because the power cord for that E.L has a unidentified black box on it. when i pull the unidentified circuit board out of the black box it has just a couple of resistors, capacitators, and one big thing that i don't know what it is. If you find out let me know please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wondering if I could get a video of you using this keyboard to see what it looks like from a typing point of view.
Edit:
Would I be able to run EL wire under the keys, if so how would I be able to tell if I would still have enough room for the keys to still press down.

·
Master of Black Snow
19,342 Posts
Ummm great "guide" but maybe should have been brand & model specific?

Don't get me wrong but I'm not sure that this fits my brand & model.

I need to mod my KB. It is solid, but it's two main flaws is no backlit keys and it's only available in blue LED form. It's the OCZ Sabre x86. Every light on it is blue. Really annoying to people who don't like brite lites in the dark. I want to change my LEDs' out all to red. So would like to know how to go about doing this.

I apologize if I thread jacked. Just don't know if I should create another one that may only last 1 page.

So if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I really don't care about the warranty since it's only a year anyway. Thanks.

~Ceadder

21 - 36 of 36 Posts