Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building myself a media center, but i need a good keyboard/mouse to go with it!

I have got everything else except for the keyboard/mouse, i guess what i'm asking is what would be a good keyboard/mouse for a media center that will be used for watching TV and also playing games...

i was looking at the Logitech MX5000 but heard a couple of bad reviews, also looked at the optical desktop elite bluetooth from microsoft, but also heard some bad things.

Any other brands that make a good keyboard? The price doesnt really matter but i dont want to spend $500 on a keyboard, max i'd prob go is around $250 for both?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Get either the G5, or MX518 for mouse, they are really good, the 518 you can adjust the sensitivity on the fly so its really awsome, im actually looking into that mouse as well, and the g15 keyboard is sweet

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Hehe, Fatal1ty as an avatar. Interesting choice

Basically anything from Logitech... your choice.

If you want bling you can go with the Saitek Eclipse (I love it)... and the Razer mouse with blue LEDs, but I love my MX518 just fine if you don't care about lights. It's a spectacular mouse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the Logitech DiNovo Media Center Keyboard/Mouse ?

Heard its very good, bit pricey, but...

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
On some things it's good to trust us, but for almost every product made... especially by big-names, there are 3-10 detailed reviews on it.

I'm sure you can find many many DiNovo reviews so just google it and read the reviews. It's faster for you, easier for us, and you will get much better advice in the end anyway

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i did that, and i got a review rating it 10/10 saying it was best... then 10 mins later i found a review rating it 3/10 saying it wasnt such a good set... who do i believe?

I asked here because i thought someone here might have the keyboard/mouse set and i can get decent answer from them rather than read 20 reviews that are completely diff from eachother and not really get anywhere.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEK

yea i did that, and i got a review rating it 10/10 saying it was best... then 10 mins later i found a review rating it 3/10 saying it wasnt such a good set... who do i believe?

I asked here because i thought someone here might have the keyboard/mouse set and i can get decent answer from them rather than read 20 reviews that are completely diff from eachother and not really get anywhere.

There's definitely an art to it
. You have to decide in the end anyway, but you can normally judge the quality by taking into account what all of the reviewers said after you've read them all

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
dinovos are great... Im probably going to get one in a few weeks... welp, my friend will be sending me a new one anyway...

I usually get a couple cheap keyboards every year or two so that when one dies from abuse, accidents, etc. I can easily replace it... but Ive decided to just get a keyboard I really want and take better care of it... time for new rules, like no more liquids or hammers close to the keyboards and no more letting the ferrets climb all over my stuff...

other then the dinovo, the one set I was really looking at was the logitech s 510, specifically, the package version with the remote was the one I wanted - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126181... but you could save some $ and go with the package without a remote - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126180

if you want either of those, wait a bit before you order because they both routinely go on sale at newegg... the version with the remote is often only $ 60 so unless you really want it, I say have some patience and save some money

1 - 10 of 10 Posts