Overclock.net banner

Which keyboard do you think deserves Keyboard of the Month?

• Entry 1

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to OCN's Keyboard of the Month competition!

Entry 1
Quote:
Keyboard: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid
Mods:
  • Case is painted a light blue with pearl white scallops and dark blue "geekhack"
  • Light blue sleeved paracord cable
  • 'Pulse' keycap set
  • Costar stabilizers have been lubed with thick silicone grease to lower chatter.
Image:
Entry 2
Quote:
Keyboard: 360 Corsa
Mods:
  • Lubed vintage MX Black switches with 75g gold springs
  • Cherry MX Super Black for Esc key
  • Blank Black Cherry profile PBT keycaps
  • Blank PBT RGB modifier keycaps
Image:
Entry 3
Quote:
Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Mods:
  • Default blue LEDs changed to a mix of orange and red
Image:
Here you can enter your modded keyboards against other people's in a poll to see who has the "best" modded keyboard for the month.

This thread serves as a place for you to show off your board before the poll opens and to vote when the poll opens.

You are welcome to upload more pictures of the board you have entered before or during the competition, however the pictures must be of the same exact board, that means you can't change the case, the keycaps or even the cable out. This rule has been introduced because you are only permitted to enter one board per month, any altering of the board in photos may get your entry votes that it otherwise wouldn't have.

A reminder of the rules for submitting entries and info about the competition in general:

• At the start of the month I create a Keyboard of the Month (KOTM) thread.
  • You can use the dedicated KOTM thread to post pictures of your keyboard that you are entering (optional) and to submit your entry for that month via the Google Docs form.
  • Entries are accepted until the last week of the month, after which entries for that month are closed.
  • I will then put up a poll in that thread of all the submissions and the poll will stay up for 1 week to let people from all over the site vote.
  • After the voting closes, I will announce the winner for that month, their name will be added to the list of winners, a picture of their board put in the Mechanical Keyboard Club OP to show off their work, and they will be able to claim a limited edition OCN Keyboard of the Month keycap as seen below.
  • You must enter your own board, I reserve the right to ask for proof of ownership of any board I think may not belong to you.
  • You can enter at most 6 times per year with one board or different ones, however if you win with one of your entries, then you cannot enter that board again.
  • You can win at most three times in a single year, and not two months in a row.
  • You can only win once with a given board, if you win twice with a board appearing to be the same, proof of the differences between the two will be required.
  • Only one image will be put up as your entry's poll picture, if you submit two images then I will pick which one.
  • You may change your entry once before the competition starts, any subsequent entries by you for that month will be ignored. Your entry cannot be changed once the poll is up.
  • You can request the poll picture in the KOTM thread be changed once.
  • I reserve the right to permanently exclude from the competition anyone submitting an entry in violation of the competition rules and/ or the OCN ToS e.g. submissions clearly meant to advertise.
  • Get inventive: You're unlikely to do well if you're just changing out a few keycaps.
  • Provide a good picture: The picture is what sells your entry to voters, so do your best to make it look good, for some tips see this thread.
To claim your prize if you have won, send me a PM with the following info so the staff can organise your prize.
Quote:
  • Competition thread link:
  • Prize Won:
  • Full OCN Username:
  • Full Name:
  • Full Address & Post/Zip Code:
  • Tankguys Email Address:

NOTE: You MUST create a Tankguys account and fill out your shipping info in the account info! If you don't, we cannot ship the prize out to you!

https://www.tankguys.com/customer/account/login//
In addition to this, please also include a link to the post where I declare you the winner for my benefit, to make verifying you as a winner easier.

Trying to claim a prize when you haven't won the KOTM competition will get you banned from all future KOTM competitions.

The prize:

The form to submit your entries:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dDBKSnpUSENvQVNSTHcxc3pLMXF6SUE6MQ

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Did we not have one for Dec? Not enough entries?

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
oh okay cool. I'd just not heard anything about it. I totally forgot which keyboard I entered. I still have at least two others that I'll enter this year.

Good luck to all the entries! Lets see them awesome boards!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Gonna add my qfr to the lot
thumb.gif

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
yeah! get yourself a keyboard, pimp it out, and make it yours and enter it.

It can be done on a budget too, don't have to spend crazy money on them.

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anybody else want to enter? Otherwise I'll have to cancel the competition this month.
frown.gif

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
360 Corsa
75g gold spring lubed old/vintage black switches
Cherry MX super black esc key
Blank black cherry profile PBT keycaps
Blank RGB PBT modifiers

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfing14 View Post

May I ask where you got those blank black PTB keycaps my friend?? They look so good.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-pbt-keycaps?mode=guest_open

The drop just ended again but I can't imagine it will be long before another round starts up. Still probably looking at 2 months at least to have them in your hands unless you can buy them off of someone else.

·
Registered
228 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts