Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help with my keyboard. the keyboard comes with a purple plug thingy thats not usp and i hear if i use that the keyboard typing is faster? but the case i use the top cover wont close because the plug for the keyboard is in the way. what can i do to fix this any ideas?

case is FT03

·
Registered
70 Posts
with ps2 connector you would just get N key roll over as to 2-3 on usb correct me if i'm wrong

nice filco wrist rest how much did you get it for ? ?_?

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes the purple thing = PS2 adapter

you get N key roll over

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was too long.... from the sound of it it seems like key roll over is faster and better to have

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatPC View Post

it was too long.... from the sound of it it seems like key roll over is faster and better to have
Rollover makes nothing faster. If you aren't using the adapter and press all the keys on your keyboard at once, only a certain amount will actually register.

If you use the PS2 adapter, all of those keys that you pressed at the same time would register.

I'm not sure if I could explain it in a more simple way.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol sorry i dont understand >< to me it still seem faster wtih it but i cant use it cuz it wont fit in my case

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Quote:

lol sorry i dont understand >< to me it still seem faster wtih it but i cant use it cuz it wont fit in my case
Then don't use it.

There's not much to gain from using it.
All it gives you is the ability to press more than three to four keys AT THE SAME TIME and have them register all at once.
Versus roll-over, which means if you use USB, and press FIVE keys AT THE SAME TIME, then only the first will register, and the others won't register into the computer.

So if you were to press ASDFG all at the same time, on USB it would only give you ASD, on PS2 it would give you ASDFG.

If that wikipedia link is 'too long' for you, why even bother.

We're trying to spell it out for you, but doesn't seem like you're bothering to read our posts, or take the initiative to research a bit more.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"you is the ability to press more than three to four keys AT THE SAME TIME" that means its faster -_-" and yes i do read all ur post i jsut odnt like going to random web sites when ppl can jsut tell me here

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Quote:

"you is the ability to press more than three to four keys AT THE SAME TIME" that means its faster -_-" and yes i do read all ur post i jsut odnt like going to random web sites when ppl can jsut tell me here
oh, so you want stuff handed to you?

then yes, ps/2 makes it 100 million times faster.

drill a hole in your desk so u can use the adapter, it's the only way.

or cut the adapter in half

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Quote:

I'm amazed that you are able to type while pressing more than three-four keys at the same time, all while being faster than normal typing.
Do let us know how this works out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts