Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just put a new Abit VA-20 mobo into my pc at the start up when it scans for drives etc its says to press delete to acess the bios setting but its not working, am idoing something wrong or have i got to change something thanks if anyone can help.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
no, it should just work if u press del a few times. try pressing it wore then once, then after the post comes then it should take u into the bios

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but i tried that and it didnt work, the keyboard lights flash when i turn on the comp so threre must be power, would lowering the fsb frequency jumper do anything?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have found that it is not my keyboard after all cos after messing about if i press f1 it will try and boot the hard drive so something else is wrong cos i cant acess my bios. When i boot and it does its checks i get message cmos checksum error defaults loaded, would this be a problem ?

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gezza160278

i have found that it is not my keyboard after all cos after messing about if i press f1 it will try and boot the hard drive so something else is wrong cos i cant acess my bios. When i boot and it does its checks i get message cmos checksum error defaults loaded, would this be a problem ?

Hmm.. Interesting. Looks like you may have gotten a faulto mobo?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Did you try clearing the CMOS/BIOS

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Try removing the battery, disconnecting the power coard, then toggel the PS (if it has an on and off switch on it) to discharge any residual energy and reclear the BIOS... try shorting it fir several minutes. Reinstall batt, replace jumper, plug in turn on and see waht happens. Some times BIOS clearing is funny... once it had to stay shorted over night to clear!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gezza160278

This term mabe you sould try clearing the cmos. Beside if always cmos checksum error mabe is the cmos battery low. And mabe u can try ather keyboard input such as change ur ps/2 keyboard to usb or change the use keyboard to ps/2 .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts