Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put the bios setting for my keyboard hotkey to power on my computer but it isnt working. am i missing somthing? do i have to hold it down or should it just come on? its kinda annoyning opening up my case to power the comp on so i thought to turn it on from my keyboard might be better, anyone use this feature?

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
I'd be interested in this, too. My motherboard has options for both Keyboard On/Off and VGA On/Off, but niether one of them seem to work.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt put any connector to my motherboard, just using a USB mouse and PS/2 keyboard. maybe there is a jumper setting i missed for this option?

·
Banned
240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sk88erguy
i didnt put any connector to my motherboard, just using a USB mouse and PS/2 keyboard. maybe there is a jumper setting i missed for this option?

yes, there is a cpu fan like power connector that you need to use. it looks like the thing that you plug your cpu fan into, but its for the mouse/kboard. read your manual.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hmm... I just set in bios to power on with any key, and it does so... Might have something to do, but is your keyboard Usb or PS2? Mines PS2, and works perfectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got an asus motherboard, it has this setting

I wanted to use this option so I changed the jumper on the motherboard

While the jumper is set up like that, I broke two keyboards -_-#

later on, when I disassembled them, I found out that they are not getting any power from the computer

Then I saw the power rating of my keyboard 5v----200mA

and checked the asus handbook, it said that to use the keyboard to turn on the comp, your power supply must be able to supply at least 500mA of current

so could that be the reason why my keyboards died? The can't take that much current?

My mouse probably died the same way for the 25mA mouse I replaced it with is working fine....

So then I went to a store and bought a keyboard, the power rating said 200mA as well, but the guy said that keyboard is standard keyboard.

I also changed my jumpers back, my question is, can it destroy my new keyboard? Do I need a keyboard with a higher rating?

btw: those keyboards all work initially, but later on, they just broke, ever lasted a day. (I think maybe bios set my hotkeys to "Enter" so the second keyboard died after I pressed that, I know becase I pressed enter to do the equivalent as pressing "ok")

1 - 9 of 9 Posts