Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GWAMM
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
A story-driven CRPG crafted in the tradition of Planescape™: Torment & set in the world of Monte Cook's Numenera.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is a game set in the world of Monte Cook's new tabletop RPG setting, Numenera. Torment continues the thematic legacy of Planescape: Torment, a critically acclaimed role-playing game from 1999 that's considered by many to be a hallmark for storytelling in computer RPGs. With Torment, we're striving to create a rich role-playing experience that explores similar deep, personal themes. Here's the scoop:

• Torment is a single-player, isometric role-playing game.
  • You will play a single, specific character, though you will encounter optional NPC companions you may choose to include in your party.
  • The story-driven game will have a rich dialogue system and approach similar to that of Planescape: Torment.
  • The game will be developed in the Unity engine for PC (Windows), Mac, and Linux platforms.
  • The game will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
  • The game will be distributed DRM-free. (You'll be able to get it from Steam, and other DRM-free download options will be made available.)
Torment's Kickstarter project page

Official site

Close to $2M pledged, and it launched yesterday. Don't know why nobody else has posted this on OCN yet.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah this game looks pretty awesome! Crazy how it was funded in 6 hours. Would love to see gameplay, but that is months away at least.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
I've backed this project. Really excited for it. Wasteland 2, which I also backed, is looking pretty good, although I feel this game may end up being better.

·
Reject the system
1,555 Posts
I was in on the backing of it the first day!
biggrin.gif

I'm super excited for this. Also for anyone else who may not know, Dreamfall Chapters is also up on kickstarter and going strong. Check it out, as well!

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Also backed it day one. I'm very excited for this. Planescape: Torment is one of my all time favourite RPGs, they just don't do story driven games like that anymore. It looks to be in good hands. The Numenera setting looks very awesome. Dat concept art.....
drool.gif

Under 8 hours to $1m.... Just cleared $2m, clearly there are still a great many fans of P:T out there

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Quote:
Better not be RTwP + junk combat like Planescape was lolz
The combat wasn't the driving force in Planescape. You could and I usually did talk my way out or around fighting. Was a lot more interesting to see how to manipulate my way around than charging through killing everyone.

Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate had awesome combat though

·
Registered
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by altsanity View Post

The combat wasn't the driving force in Planescape. You could and I usually did talk my way out or around fighting. Was a lot more interesting to see how to manipulate my way around than charging through killing everyone.

Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate had awesome combat though
BG was fine apart from the RTwP stuff, but Icewind Dale was really really banal. Endless trash mobs.

Irrelevant whether or not it was the driving force, it was poorly designed. Too many trash encounters + RTwP made for a rather forgettable experience (and they actually wanted to increase the amount of combat in the game =/.)

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Roughly 8 hours left before the kickstarter campaign closes... ATM 3.9 million via kickstarter plus another ~90k from paypal.

Personally, I hold more excitement towards Laraian's Project: Divinity Original Sin.

If you like TB isometric cRPGs, which happen to come with a powerful editor for mod creation(the game can support a party of 6), promises reactivity and meaningful C&C then this game is your game. Hopefully they can get whatever funding, beyond their very tame goal of 400k, they need to implement various minor improvements(like NPC schedules ect).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts