Overclock.net banner

killed my mac?

774 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  trivium nate
okay randomly i just wanted a fresh boot of mac osx long story short i cant get in recovery mode and i cant internet recovery im trying to find a good image and use transmac to try and recover it any ideas?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· professional curmudgeon
10,406 Posts
all the hipsters are out drinking gluten free beer for the holiday. /s

· Crayon Evangelist
8,037 Posts
to be fair, this section of the forums is pretty dead. The last post before yours in the MAC section was over a week ago. The guys over at tonymacs might have a solution. Those guys really geek out on MAC.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
I was going to say along the lines of the previous fellow here. There is not much that happens in the Mac section. Still willing to help either way. I have not tried to restore or create a disk using TransMac. Do you have access to any other Mac users? If so, I would see if they can download the Sierra installer and then use DiskMakerX to create a bootable drive. Sorry I am not more helpful than that.

· professional curmudgeon
10,406 Posts
there's only one thing left to do:

sacrifice a chicken to call upon the great @Lord Xeb

· Registered
2,234 Posts
oh looniam...
laughingsmiley.gif

· Data Recovery Engineer
24,806 Posts
At this point you need to get a boot disk you can use and see if an archive reinstall fixes your issue. However, before you do this please check your hard drive and make sure it is not failing. I have seen that cause similar issues.

What make and model is your mac? What OS were you running?

· Overclocker
11,665 Posts
Don't Apple users just toss the device back at Apple in an Apple store for them to fix it? Reason being the whole thing is proprietary HW and SW although I think you may be able to buy the OS sometimes separately so you could just reinstall it, that is if you can get your hands on all the necessary drivers as well.
Otherwise try some more open Nix system than the one Apple sells.

· Data Recovery Engineer
24,806 Posts
They do but this is not where "normal" users come anyways. We are OCN. We sacrifice chickens to me, Lord of Xeb!

· I'm here lol
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i got it to work ( long story short) reinstalled the os with the SL CD removed the ram i added installed the old ram stick formatted, repaired and verifired the hard drive everything seems to be working good now thanks guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.