Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, my Killzone 2 data can't be transfered over through a USB or anything. My other save files work.

Basically I made a new account for my PS3, and wanted to transfer my saved data over. It allows it for other games, but when I try to copy the Killzone 2 data it prevents me. I checked the info for it and it says it's locked...

So... yeah... Is this just me or does this happen to anyone else? <_<.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wish I had an answer for you, but I haven't even started the single player yet. I'm going to get all the badges & ribbons online before I do that.

Although I'm sure you could get a speedy response if you post this question over at the Killzone 2 forums on Playstation.com

You don't even need to register a forum account; you just use your PSN information.

*EDIT* Alright I decided to save you some time and just make a thread on there about it, and do a little googling too. Turns out that KZ2 game save data is in fact locked, and cannot be copied. Apparently, the only way to copy the KZ2 game save data is to use the PS3 Backup Utility. If you're going that route, definitely read up on it first, because I'm not completely sure how it works as I have never had to use it before.

·
Registered
508 Posts
the PS3 back up utility is pretty simple and easy to use.
plug in an external HDD, go to system settings i think, then back it up, then all you do is restore from that back up. everything is restored back to how it was,all your settings,themes etc

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by burning-skies View Post
the PS3 back up utility is pretty simple and easy to use.
plug in an external HDD, go to system settings i think, then back it up, then all you do is restore from that back up. everything is restored back to how it was,all your settings,themes etc

I can just use a flash drive right? So I just restore it from the back up on the new account and it'll all be there?

EDIT: Thanks GT for that. I would have made an account there except I don't remember my password
. I also seem to have forgotten the Birthday I registered it with... lol, so yeah.

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xShishy View Post
I can just use a flash drive right? So I just restore it from the back up on the new account and it'll all be there?
As long as the flash drive is big enough. This function backs up everything on the HDD, to include media.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
As long as the flash drive is big enough. This function backs up everything on the HDD, to include media.
That's fine. Thanks a lot
. All I have on it are saved game files lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts